Traktor 2 controllers
    Tech Student

Default Traktor 2 controllers

Hello people

I'm pretty new here so if this has been asked before, I apologize!

Used to dj the old fashioned way with 2 1210's and a djm 500 but had to sell up for financial reasons which I was none too happy with.

I'm looking to get back involved and had a shot of Traktor 2 at a mates place and actually quite liked it - my preference would be to get another set of 1210's and a djm 800 or similar but I don't have the cash for that so I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions of controllers for Traktor 2 at around the £200 or under mark?
    Mate has a Numark mixtrack Pro which is nice enough and only cost about £169 but what I've been finding is that a lot of the controllers I've found are around the £500 mark which is way out my price range.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers

Tech Mentor

I own a mixtrack and soon x1, and I mean Mixtrack pretty much does everything basic.

You can mix any track
    Manually beatmatching might be hard since the pitch slider isn't that great.
    Effect knobs are good for traktor, and you can also midi map anything for your liking.
    Hot Cue points or EQ Kills are also good.
    Touch sensitive jog wheels are good enough to do some simple scratches if you do scratch.

I like how mixtrack is for low-budget controllers, probably the best one out there for under 200$

Tech Student

Cheers for the response.

Yeah, it does look to be the best budget option and will at least allow me to get back involved for the time being until my financial position improves and I can afford the set up I require!

Cheers

I'd go for the numark stealth and an a2dj. Its better built than the mixtrack and the a2dj is always useful. Also, stealth has way more knobs and buttons to cater to any need.
    Dell 2.3 Ghz 4 Gb Laptop - Windows 7 Premium
    Numark Stealth - Kontrol X1 - Akai LPD8 - APC20 - Novation Launchpad - Numark Mixdeck
    Traktor Pro 2 - Ableton Live 8.100000000000000

You could also get a used M-Audio X Ponent for cheap on ebay. It offers a lot of knobs and buttons and it's pitch faders are very long (I assume 10cm vs the 6cm ones on the mixtrack). You would need to map it for traktor if it ain't mapped for it already though..

That's my opinion since I am planning to upgrade my mixtrack myself.
    HP Envy 14 Beats Edition, Traktor Pro 2, NI Kontrol S4, NI Kontrol X1, NI Kontrol F1, AIAIA TMA-1

You do outgrow the MixTrack very fast if you're heavy on practicing. :P
    apc40 | ableton | ath-sj33
    deviantART | SoundCloud | facebook
    SKRILLEX IS THE BEST TECHNO DJ EVER!!! (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻