I Love My Mac!!!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tech Mentor

Default I Love My Mac!!!

G'day DJTT I just bought myself a 13" I7 2.7Ghz MBP and I love it!!!
    I used to run traktor on my toshiba satellite A500 With a intel Core 2 duo and 4GB ram which did alright except for a few crackles and pops here and there (I believe they're called underruns) well I had three USB ports on my Toshiba and I had to use two for my Fast track pro and my Kontrol X1 (I had latency issues with my sound card and power problems with my X1 if I ran them through a hub) well I got really worried today because I don't have a firewire sound card ayways I tried out if I could run my X1 through a hub and it WORKED!!! then I upped the ante to all of my controllers and my soundcard through the one port and they worked fine I could not be happier with my new toy anyways just thought I'd let you know.
    Hittin' Switches For The Bitches

Tech Wizard

I love your mac too, welcome to the revolution!

Tech Mentor

ha thankyou
    Hittin' Switches For The Bitches

Tech Wizard

I bought the same one not to long ago. Works great for traktor and the touch pad is better than any I have ever used.

But aside from that I still prefer Windows to OSX.

Tech Guru

Before anyone slams me I have mac windows and linux.

You must be doing sumthing wrong on ur windows pc cuz I got traktor 2 working flawlessly on a p3 with 512 meg of ram. that was running an audio 8 2 decks plus 2 sample, with dicers

Core auidio is better than asio so it could help depending on card, the audio 4 and 8 are solid, the 6 and 10 still have issues under asio.

ps I have lion and agree the trackpad is awsome, the windows multitouch mouse is cool aswell shame it is 70 quid tho. I have one but got given it for free from microsoft

I know exactly how you feel. Just recently got mine and coming from a HP with horrible specs, I'M IN LOVE! this thing is like my child lol. Definitely worth the money. Enjoy!
    DJ Setup: Serato DJ/(2) Vestax V7/Ecler Nuo 2.0// Production Setup: Logic Pro 9/M-Audio i-Control/M-Audio Keystation Mini 32/NI Audio 2 DJ/13" 2.3GHz MBP 500GB HD OSX Lion/AIAIAI TMA-1/Roland TR-707//

Tech Convert

The best thing about Macs is that they can be several years old yet still run everything we need

Tech Mentor

got mine last month, only mine has an i5. although i miss some things about windows 7, traktor and my s4 seem to be working better on osx. on windows I never knew what to expect even with different pc or laptops, regardless of their specs.

also really like the way lion works on laptops... really well thought out, even if at times it can feel like they were trying to hard to be different than windows

Personal preference but I'd never go back to a Windows PC after buying my MCP.

Welcome to the club.
    Actually I'm bi :P but I use my mac for djing. Runs really smooth.

Of course the mac comes at a premium. You probably paid double than what you could of paid for a PC. But all in all it's a well built machine, you get what you paid for.

...now I just gotta find a cool stick to cover that shiny apple on the back of my screen...
    OSX 10.6.4 | Traktor Pro 2 | VCi-100 FW 1.4 | NI Audio 8 | Xone 92 | M Audio BX8A Deluxe

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast