gettin midi dropout with custom tsis.
    Tech Wizard

Default gettin midi dropout with custom tsis.

Hi I am currently using traktor pro and vci 100 1.2. When I download and use custom tsi files like Kyoto,ean golden 1.6 etc etc I get a midi dropout. The lighting on vci abruptly goes away for 3 seconds and come back. This does not happen when I'm using the traktor pro vci 100 tsi from vestax. I got this controller used and I am wondering if it is broken. All the buttons work when I use them.

How does your xfader feel? Mine feels like air. Is this normal? The upfaders are more tighter IMO.

Ean's maps are based on 1.3 firmware.

Quote Originally Posted by Chilly View Post
    Ean's maps are based on 1.3 firmware.
    But that shouldn't cause the VCI's lights to go out. He also mentioned that he tried other non-stock tsis too.

Nothing's wrong with your faders, mine behave the same.

Does a drop out only affect your lights or is no midi data transmitted at all? How often do this dropouts happen and are you 100% sure they only happen with custom tsis? It's very hard to imagine that a midi mapping can break the vci, it might just be a coincidence...

All of those that he mentioned are based on 1.3 firmware. Meaning, the tsi is looking for midi notes that aren't being sent by the 1.2 firmware unit.

He mentions that the problem doesn't happen with Vestax's tsi. Probably because it's based on 1.2 firmware.

Tech Wizard

solved the restart problem. My usb slot is not powerful enough to handle the vci. Im still having midi dropouts though. I cant scratch using the jogwheel because the sound and the movement becomes choppy. Maybe a computer problem?

I am using tsi 1.4 version by ean golden. Everything is ok now except that damn choppy jogwheel.

Tech Wizard

recorded myself moving the jogwheels and this is what I get.
    http://rapidshare.com/files/20624814...56m54.wav.html

My computer, traktor or vci? I can get the soundcard down to 5.5ms without any problem and it plays fine except ofcourse when I try to scratch. I get choppy sound and considerable lag.

Can you run Traktor 3 and see if you still get this problem ?
    or grab another program like the deckadance demo and see if you have the same problems using that.