So.. Im switching to serato tonight - Page 7
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567
    Tech Guru

Serato has FAR superior library management.

One thing I'd like to add to those who continue to bring up ALL the possibilities that Traktor has is that regardless of how many shoes you own, you can only wear two shoes at a time. Same goes for traktor you can only do so much before it starts to sound like utter crap. Some of the best sets I've heard have been Roger Sanchez on 4 CDJ's and a DJM-900, no software. No one's telling him he needs to be on Traktor to get any better. Same goes for Serato. For me less is more and I spend more time worrying about creativity in my sets, than I do about midi mapping or creating 8 effect combo's.
    SSL - DJM 800 - Technic 1200's - X1 - ITCH - NS6 - VCI-300

Quote Originally Posted by Will_D View Post
    I don't get you guys...

Going from Torq or Traktor to Serato must feel like a massive step backwards.

Aren't you limited by what you can map ?!

If you enjoy it more then good for you. Just seems mad to throw away all the possability's of Traktor for something with a lot less on offer but for more money.

You can do exactly the same in Traktor/Torq its just more full on than Serato.

Seems a little mad to loose the functionality you get from TSP for less control with Itch / Serato.

Doesn't Itch have some issues with Crates & the browser vanishing ? Did they sort that?

However I am a Serato Hater. I've used it, it works. Woop next...
    Just don't ever get any problems with it & need to ask a Question on thier forum.
    There's something to be said toward a minimalistic approach.

"Less is more" so they say.

And really, what it comes down to, is personal preference. I use SSL myself, and I don't find the idea of messing with mappings at all appealing with Traktor. Same deal goes for Torq really. There's just a lot of features I don't see myself utilizing.

I like the "set it and forget it" mentality I have with SSL, all I do is download the tracks, analyze them, and get to mixing. It's not fancy, it just works.

I also really like the integration Serato has with the serato.com website. It makes exporting tracklists a breeze, and with mixcloud if you record your set, you can just enter the URL of the serato.com playlist, and it automatically imports your tracklisting. Keeps it really smooth.
    BREAKBEATS AND OTHER MUSICAL ADVENTURES
    Facebook - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Mixlr - Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by MrPopinjay View Post
    edit: lol I've never heard anyone say that it's easier to carry a laptop, an interface and CDs than it is to carry just CDs before ;P
    Believe me, the ammount of music i take to gigs, my laptop, soundcard and ipod is around half the weight of my combined CD folders. Plus all of my music is on one place, i can create playlists and i have a search function ^.^
    DJM800 | 2xCDJ2000 | RMX1000 | Adidas HD25's
    2011 MBP | Traktor 2.6 | Kontrol S4 | Scratch Live | SL2
    Mac Pro | Ableton | Access Virus C | Maschine
    Facebook || Soundcloud || Twitter

Bro, cut down and organise :P
    The xwax Thread! - The minimal open source DVS for Linux!
    Reddit's /r/DJs! - Another great DJ community!

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by Hoodless View Post
    Ah thats a bite in the balls, mainly because its only available from US stockists.
    I've got a friend using SSL-2 that bought a cheap multi-purpose power adapter from radio shack so you shouldn't have any problem finding something that will work where you live.....

As for the software... they each have their advantages... I used SSL first for a year b4 switching to Traktor.. I use turntables and Traktor scratch now... I also use Akai LPD8's as midi controllers for beat juggling, cue point skip and of course FX banks 1-4... don't use sync so the mixing experience is about the same in both platforms..... just curious if you've tried the scratch version of Traktor?

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567