vci 100 SE ramp question / wheel question / firmware update?
    Tech Convert

Default vci 100 SE ramp question / wheel question / firmware update?

hi all

i just purchased a used black vci 100 (se dj tech tools overlay) yesterday and started playing with it. from all the great info available on this site, i found out I have firmare version 1.2 installed and I am using traktor pro on mac.

i was reading the ramp issue which was described by ean as "the jog wheel touch sensor turns off when the wheel stops turning, not when you release your finger. " nonetheless on the video link he provides, i have the feeling this is not happening am I right?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b2Y509VQVEQ

what i see on the video and feel on mine is the touch sensor stays on even if I stop turning the wheel, but as soon as I release the sound is going from a slow motion to normal speed in like half a second. I was just wondering if this is normal for firmware 1.2 and if it can be changed so that as soon as you release the wheel there is no lag and track gets back at full speed right away.

would a firmware update help me?

i am using the TSI file version 1.4, and noticed right now that I can't seem to use any effect. all midi signals are sent, knobs move on the screen but nothing happens. should I use 1.6 right away?

finally, i was wondering if i can change the sensitivity of the jog wheel not in terms of pressure, but rather in terms of how far I am going away from a cue point when the wheel performs 1 complete revolution?

I am as new with traktor as Im new with the vci so my questions might be stupid and in this case I already apologize!!!

thanks in advance

cheers!

julien
    Last edited by julcanada; 03-03-2009 at 01:54 PM.

You bought a used black vci-100se from DJ TT yesterday? And you have firmware version 1.2 on it?

I don't know about this man.

Tech Convert

sorry i was not expressing myself properly, it's a black version that i purchased used, with the dj tech tools overlay... and yeah it does not have firmware 1.3

i actually just noticed this is an overlay and not the real machine :P ...
    Last edited by julcanada; 03-03-2009 at 01:38 PM.

thats Traktor replicating vinyl - if you hold your finger on a piece of vinyl then let go you will hear that same wind up noise. The ramping issue was where you would throw the jog foward and the track would come to a complete stop before ramping back back up to normal speed, not replicating vinyl at all.

Also that look of the overlay was exactly what we going for, something where you look at the unit and think it was made for it by Vestax in the factory in the first place.

Tech Convert

yeah thanks for your answer

im getting used to the platter already, and overlays are great. i figured out the effects issue, still have some bugs from time to time that am sure are linked to the fact I use firmware 1.2

thanks!

julien