Customizing the S4? Knobs, etc.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Customizing the S4? Knobs, etc.

Can I remove the knobs and replace them with custom ones? If so where can I find them.

The guy you need is Daniel Malta he is THE ONLY PERSON ON THE WORLD who sels these, but we havn't heard something form him for more than a year, so if you find out if he's dead or lives i would be verry happy. He's german BTW.

For more info about malta just ask me (phone, adres, ect.)
    MF Pro & Spectra | Kontrol S4 MKI | 2x Kontrol S1 MKI | MC-1000 | Generic MKI

Tech Student

so this german guy who nobody has heard from in a year is the only guy IN THE WORLD who sells these?...highly doubt it

it's true though

Tech Mentor

It is true.. I am yet to see knobs that will properly fit the S4. There are some out there that will fit the 6mm flatted shaft, but they will not align properly.
    Traktor Kontrol Z2 | (2) Pioneer CDJ-2000 | Traktor Kontrol X1 | Traktor Scratch Pro 2.6
    MacBook Pro | Sennheiser HD25-1 II | (2) EV ELX115P | EV ELX112P | (2) EV ELX118P

Tech Wizard

Hand paint/spray paint! Pop your knobs off then grab some paint of your choice and go to town! My friend did it with an x1 and his s4. If you still want the line just make sure to mask it off with a sliver of tape before you paint. :-D

I haven't gotten my s4 yet, but eventually I have a feeling I'll go this route.
    DJ ADub
    Traktor Pro 2 on a MBP
    NI Kontrol S4 + 2 MFClassics + 1 MFSpectra

Quote Originally Posted by hawaiibboy View Post
    Hand paint/spray paint! Pop your knobs off then grab some paint of your choice and go to town! My friend did it with an x1 and his s4. If you still want the line just make sure to mask it off with a sliver of tape before you paint. :-D

I haven't gotten my s4 yet, but eventually I have a feeling I'll go this route.

How do I pop them out? I don't plan on breaking anything xD

put a piece of carton under the knob so you dont scratch your S4 and whip it up with an screwdriver

what paint should I use to paint them? spray paint? is acrylic ok? I want to paint them flourescent or glow in the dark

Check Yul's S4 out: http://www.youtube.com/user/Yul303 - he hand painted his.

Check out Vangogo's Skinz install for how to remove the knobs safely:
    http://www.youtube.com/user/Yul303

As for which paint....?
    Beats By Dre is like audio flu for your balls.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast