• Numark NS7

16 84.21%
  • Pioneer DDJ-ERGO-V

3 15.79%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Tech Convert

Default DDJ-ERGO-V vs. Numark NS7

what are your thoughts

NS7 - http://www.numark.com/ns7 on amazon price varies (mine says 1110)

DDJ-ERGO-V - http://www.pioneerelectronics.com/PU...llers/DDJ-ERGO pioneer says 700 google says 600

thanks,
    Dj Pils

Djpils.tk

Tech Mentor

IF you are stuck in between those 2, ns7 every single time lol.

Tech Mentor

ns7 all the way...

Quote Originally Posted by JonathanBlake View Post
    When I hit Sync I get a double espresso from Midi Out.

Apples and oranges, imho. Those 2 controllers are different beasts for different purposes. I agree that the NS7 is a higher quality, more professional piece, but it is more suited to those with a turntablist mentality. If you don't scratch it might be more than you need. What's your genre? Software of choice? Goals as a dj?

Intoxicated /adj./ When you feel sophisticated without being able to pronounce it.

facebook.com/DJJakeLake
    jakelake.info

Tech Convert

well i scratch often acctually
    i usually to house/techno and pop and rap music
    i use virtual dj and traktor (cant use itch cuz i hav the vestax typhoon)
    my goals are to be a club dj and in spare time make remixes

the thing is that im only 14 so idk if it is worth it to save for a few months for the ns7 or just the the DDJ-EGRO now

i am pretty satisfied with the typhoon for now so that doesnt matter too much for me

i want the ns7s more but it is a huge investment but from your reviews i think im going 2 save up for the ns7s

thanks,
    Dj Pils

djpils.tk

edit:

out of curosity do you think the vestax typhoon is a "club quality controller"
    i have a macbook pro btw

---
    Last edited by ajrindy; 10-04-2011 at 10:25 PM.

Tech Mentor

vestax typhoon is already enough for what you need seriously. At that age, you shouldn't worry about club quality and clubs actually hehe

From Ireland Living in Manila: Philippines :D

At that age, you shouldn't worry about club quality and clubs actually hehe
    I didn't think there was an age limit on trying to get club gigs

In answer though, the typhoon would not be the best in relation to "club quality". It'll do the trick for a lil bit though.

The NS7 is a fantastic piece of kit, and I LOVE motorized platters, HOWEVER the controller industry for the most part have stayed away from them, and that trend looks set to continue... theres also other factors to consider.

1. NS7 is Heavy which makes it difficult to transport
    2. The NS7 Is pretty darn big, and to fit in a dj box (especially if there is already equipment in use) is gonna be hard.
    3. You are unlikely to find one in any club you work in - its not only big, but non-standard as well.
    4. FX unit is a separate addon.

So, what would I suggest ?

Well you mentioned Itch, Club Quality. Add in the size/weight and motorized platters on their way out and I'd be suggesting either the NS6 or the (unreleased yet) N4.

The Pioneer is quite the "toy" .. you'd be better off with an S2 any day.

1. Both are cheaper (N4 is almost half the price),
    2. Both have nice big platters,
    3. Both have FX areas built in,
    4. Both work with Itch (Only "Intro" with the N4 though)
    5. Both can be used standalone without a computer if something crashes.
    6. Both are lighter and Smaller than the NS7 which should make transport and finding room in the box easier.
    7. Both have non-motorized platters which is looks more likely the way the industry is going...obviously you are young, and are going to (hopefully) be in the game a long time, it seems to make sense that you'd not learn on something that you will probably not encounter in a club environment, or in a few years anyhow. If you are really wanting to scratch into the future I'd be going towards gear that will still be around and emulates somewhat like you WILL encounter in a regular club if you cant plugin your controller for any reason (CDJ's most likely).

Good luck.
    Last edited by deevey; 10-05-2011 at 01:40 AM.

Tech Mentor

I don't know either, I thought there would be well if there is age limit to get a gig, for club quality gear he should go for NS7 for sure as I said in my earlier post. Especially if we are to compare ns7 with ddj-ergo.

From Ireland Living in Manila: Philippines :D

Given the choice of JUST those two controllers, Yes, agreed the NS7 wins hands down.

Looking into the future though, and for actually playing gigs live I think the NS6/N4 would be a better solution for his needs and will give him a good base to work with industry standard install gear as well if he is ever put in that situation (e.g. non-motorized CD units) given the size/action of the platters and pitch faders are pretty much the same as what you'd find most places.

Blowing $1k on a piece of gear that you can only ever utilize at home seems pointless to me

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast