does anyone know how to
    Tech Wizard

Default does anyone know how to

. . . Recover files off a laptop ?

I stood on my laptop last night and when I turned it on this morning the whole screen was broke. I'm not too annoyed because I was getting a new one to support a software. But I have a word document on which has a list of songs I wanted to buy which I built up for ages.

So if anyone knows how I would be able to recover this file I would be well chuffed

Thanks guys !

Quote Originally Posted by TPike View Post
    . . . Recover files off a laptop ?

I stood on my laptop last night and when I turned it on this morning the whole screen was broke. I'm not too annoyed because I was getting a new one to support a software. But I have a word document on which has a list of songs I wanted to buy which I built up for ages.

So if anyone knows how I would be able to recover this file I would be well chuffed

Thanks guys !
    Go to Maplin (or equivalent) and get an external hard drive convertor. Extract hard drive from laptop, mount in convertor, plug into new laptop and access as if it were an external drive

Robert is your mother's live in lover ....
    Traktor Scratch Pro 2/Serato SL1/Ecler NUO 3.0/VCI 100 SE/2 x Technics 1210 Mk2/Sennheiser HD25 II/Novation Dicers

.... files should be fine unless you weigh like 4000 pounds. pull the HDD, and either connect to it via some type of adapter or put in a different laptop... easiest solution, connect an external monitor.