Kontrol S4 Jogs...
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Kontrol S4 Jogs...

...What are they like at emulating mixing with a pioneer cdj. Manual beatmatching i'm interested in. Using the pitch sliders and pushing on and dragging back the sides of the jogs?

The vci is terrible in this area but i just wondered how far we have come in this area with the new controllers that are coming out?

Cheers
    MMM
    M I S T E R M O L E Y M O L E
    part of the digital revolution

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by MisterMoleyMole View Post
    ...What are they like at emulating mixing with a pioneer cdj. Manual beatmatching i'm interested in. Using the pitch sliders and pushing on and dragging back the sides of the jogs?

The vci is terrible in this area but i just wondered how far we have come in this area with the new controllers that are coming out?

Cheers
    MMM
    The s4 jogs are wonderful. I had a Pioneer DDj S1 for about a week before returning it for the s4.. very nice feel and just like a cdj

Quote Originally Posted by JonathanBlake View Post
    When I hit Sync I get a double espresso from Midi Out.

I like the sound of that

Tech Mentor

Smaller buggers, but they feel smoother, less grainy.. Pressure sensitivity just like pioneer's jogs, which was welcome

Quote Originally Posted by JonathanBlake View Post
    When I hit Sync I get a double espresso from Midi Out.

Quote Originally Posted by MisterMoleyMole View Post

Cheers
    MMM
    Why is the VCI terrible in that area? I've been using one for years like that...

i'd say its similar to a cdj 400. just a little smaller and less senstive. Still they work pretty good for being so small. I do like the side rubberized things.

Tech Guru

I've owned cdj800's and cdj1000's and have used basically all of them. For me the best feeling platter was the cdj800mkII. That said my S4 feels on par with most cdjs except its a bit tighter on the spin (I actually like that it has a bit of resistance). Its very smooth and in my opinion I'd rather use my S4 platter over a cdj 400. The 400's have that plastic grinding thing going on which I don't love. For the price its a nice alternative to crisis and a mixer. I really do miss a large platter at home but for the portability of it the S4 is a winner.
    :: Kontrol Z2 :: :: Technics 1200 :: :: Pioneer DJM 250 :: Kontrol X1 MkII :: :: Maschine :: :: Kontrol S4 ::

Quote Originally Posted by Whyte View Post
    Why is the VCI terrible in that area? I've been using one for years like that...
    Just doesn't feel like the real deal at all. Due to low res I guess. You have to be very very delicate with the pitch slider.

You surely can't think it does?

One more question about it..... Are the sound card inputs good enough to use as a recording input for ripping my vinyls? Thinking of selling the audio8 to fund this?

Anyone?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast