YoshiExcel Presents: Chromatic_02 [Melodic Drum & Bass]
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default YoshiExcel Presents: Chromatic_02 [Melodic Drum & Bass]

The Chromatic mixes are a series of mix sets consisting of a more melodic side of drum & bass. There are many d&b djs out there, but very few venture out into the beautiful world of Melodic Drum & Bass.Many of the producers featured here are up and coming producers, of course there are still established producers featured as well (Subsonik).Although the focus of Chromatic is more melodic, tracks with a more positive vibe get selected as well. Think of it as the "happy hardcore" of d&b but in a good way=)Tracks like PH - Nice One, and Bustrexx - Late Night Blue are excellent examples of this, those catchy weird vocal sounds put a smile on my face.Hope everyone enjoys this as much as I enjoyed selecting these special tracks.- YoshiExcel

damn...who's dick do i gotta suck to get a comment on a mix? lol. ive posted 4 different mixes and noone has ever commented. oh well.

Im listening to it now, but please dont suck my dick lol
    Setup - DJM-900Nexus, Kontrol F1, Kontrol x1 MK2, Lenovo Yoga 11s i7 8gig ram, 256 SSD.

i hate in your face dnb, liquid is my fave, listening now

edit: pretty cool man, while i dug it quite a bit some of it was a bit too... fluffy/boppy/happy if that makes sense.

While i get thats the aim of it my personal tastes are for something deeper, albeit darker :P definitely some nice sounds though, also - make it higher bitrate next time if you can
    Last edited by Wuz; 10-08-2011 at 03:11 AM.
    < Progressive | Trance | Full On Psy | Liquid DnB >
    < Xone:1D:22:2D + Vestax PadOne >

Haha wunderman4, thanks for checkin it.

@ wuz, yeh this definitely is a bit on the happy side, thats why i call it the happy hardcore of drum n bass lol. Thx for checkin it out!

Favorited, on the download, will listen when I can get time as I am stuck on the worlds most wonky natural gas well and god only knows when I'm getting off this hell hole
    My Soundcloud: Bigheadmike

Quote Originally Posted by photojojo View Post
    The whole DJ scene has been built on the backbones of people losing their warranty.
    Quote Originally Posted by Flash101uk View Post
    Mixing is a lot like farting. If you have to force it, its probably shit!

Tech Mentor

I listened to your mix on my earbuds, streaming from subsonic, while reading in the backseat of the car while driving across country with my parents. I was reading "Undertow" by Elizabeth Bear ([ame="http://www.amazon.com/Undertow-Bantam-Science-Fiction-Elizabeth/dp/0553589059"]Amazon.com: Undertow (Bantam Science Fiction) (9780553589054): Elizabeth Bear: Books@@AMEPARAM@@http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51poR1FrmWL.@@AMEPARAM@@51poR1FrmWL[/ame]). Here's my feedback.

- I really liked your track selection, despite generally finding Liquid as a genre to be too much shiny-happy-music. It's almost like by going beyond Liquid to *uber* happy melodic music, you made it more "serious" artistically than a mix that's mostly liquid? It was "serious" enough, and nice enough to listen to, that it is likely to join my pretty small bin of "keepers" which I listen to periodically.

- Thanks for the tracklisting, download link, and proper soundcloud embed.

- Levels and harmonic mixing were impeccable throughout. Never heard a phrasing or phasing error either.

- I don't generally like *-step DNB derivatives because the basic breakbeat doesn't break enough for me. It sounds like fakebeat when every track is boom boom kak ba ba boom boom kak. But I understand that entire subgenres of DNB require this format, and the tracks you chose were less offensive to me than most in this style.

- I don't think you have to suck dick to get feedback on your mixes on DJTT, but maybe it helps a little to give feedback to others? Although if this were the case, someone probably would have given some feedback on the two remixes I've posted here... so.. err.. nevermind? I guess I don't know what sex act you have to do to whom to get responses... hehe!

Thanks for posting, and keep at it!
    Last edited by Awesomer; 10-21-2011 at 05:49 PM.
    !!! AWESOMER !!!
    Remixes, DJ Mixes, Awesomeness @
    http://soundcloud.com/awesomer
    Chat With Us In (Unofficial) DJTT IRC @
    irc://irc.rizon.net/djtt

Thanks Awesomer! that was some really great feedback, im glad someone appreciated the harmonic mixing. I see too many people that just mix what seems to be just randomly picked tracks with no consideration for key clashes..anyways, to each their own i guess lol.

And just to clarify this, i have given my feedback to a few mixes here and i download quite a few of them as well. Maybe i just dont do it often enough to get recognized for it, so i guess i should make it more of a habit. =) Ill look around for your mixes, and hopefully get to check out some of your newer ones too.

This genre isn't something that I've ever tried playing in the short time I've been mixing but I for sure find enjoyable to listen to.

I love how it has that balance of being something that you could listen to as background music but with enough variation to keep you attentive and on the flip side I would totally enjoy dancing to at the club with a grin on my face the entire time.

I'm not even going to comment on any technicalities since I'm in no position to pick them out but from what I heard there weren't any issues.

Very tight mix.

Listening right now, currently on the way to beatport to bite a whole bunch of this. That first track in particular is fantastic...why can't there be more dub (drum? I get confused on what the kids call it these days) step like that...reminds me of old marlow and the like...

About 20 minutes or so in, I'm really diggin it now...it's a bit much with the shiny vocals and whatnot, but that's what you were going for so it's understandable, one quick note, I keep on hearing the vocal from Up All Night in my head with this....

....Hold me tight, don't ever let me go-oh....
    My Soundcloud: Bigheadmike

Quote Originally Posted by photojojo View Post
    The whole DJ scene has been built on the backbones of people losing their warranty.
    Quote Originally Posted by Flash101uk View Post
    Mixing is a lot like farting. If you have to force it, its probably shit!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast