New DJ Set-up HELP!
    Tech Student

Default New DJ Set-up HELP!

Hi Guys,

Just wondered if someone would be so kind to tell how to do something...

Firstly, let me give you a little background info on my set-up etc.

For the last 2 years i've been using Traktor 3 LE on an old Windows laptop with a BCD3000 controller and external monitor. A usb cable was used to connect laptop to BCD then a phono lead going out of the BCD into the channel 1 phono input on the external mixer and then a phono lead going out of the external mixer either into an amp or stereo to provide sound.

Now i have recently upgraded my set-up to accomodate the following (please see attached image): -

2x Kontrol x1's, Native instruments Audio 10, MacBook pro, Traktor pro 2, Behringer DDM4000 mixer, American Audio 1000w amplifier & some standard PA speakers.

The idea behind the upgrade was to allow me to become more creative, have better sound quality & well, become more with the times i guess.. lol.

What i want to achieve: -

4 deck mixing on traktor using the 2 kontrol x1's, with each deck in Traktor to be assigned to the 4 seperate channels on my DJM4000 mixer, then incorporate the amp and speakers for sound.

Could someone please show me using the attached image, or explain to me the wiring set-up to achieve this?

Thank you for your time & co-operation.

Mike

similar to that, except forget the Maschine and add another X1. The amp is connected to the master output from the mixer, 4 channels of audio are connected between the A10 and the mixer and the X1s and A10 are connected to the laptop via USB.

More examples here: https://www.native-instruments.com/#...-10/?page=1967

If you want to know more about audio connections and cables, read my guide that's linked in my sig below.
    TSP 2 | Serato DJ | Live 8 | MBP (SSD + HDD) | AIAIA TMA-1 Fool's Gold Edition | 1200 Mk2s | MidiFighter | KRK RP5
    Xone: DB4 | Pioneer CDJ-2000 Nexus
    DJTT FAQ | Read my guide to AUDIO CABLES

Tech Student

Thanks for the quick response!

I have tried this: -

Four seperate RCA cables running from each Line out of the audio 10 (outputs - A, B, C & D) into the 4 seperate line in's on the external mixer and then a Phono to Mono Jack cable running from the master out of the external mixer into the amp.

I have installed the X1's but i load a track into Traktor and press paly on the X1 and nothing happens. I think the set-up is incorrect, i.e. the in's and out's in the preferences/ audio setup tab in traktor.

Could you advise what it should show for my set-up?

Regards

Mike

I think that the x1's are hid, which means to set them up u go to the kontrol x1 tab in preferences. Also u have to go into out put routing and change ur mixing mode to external, then u should route all of the decks to the corresponding channels and then plug that channel into the correspondig line in on the mixer.

Tech Student

Ok so I've managed to get it so each deck on Traktor is to an individual channel on my external mixer, but now my Kontrol x1ns won't work! They both light up when I plug the USB in to my MacBook pro and have installed all drivers etc. But there not communicating with Traktor! A track only plays etc when I click play or whatever manually with the mouse.

Can anyone help me with this?

Ps. My MacBook is brand new, brought last week just for your information..

Thanks

Unplug the X1s.

Back up then delete all your mappings in the controller manager.

Plug the X1s back in one at a time and I believe there's a window that pops up with a prompt to automap each one.

If that doesn't work, post a screenshot here of your Kontrol X1 preferences pane.
    TSP 2 | Serato DJ | Live 8 | MBP (SSD + HDD) | AIAIA TMA-1 Fool's Gold Edition | 1200 Mk2s | MidiFighter | KRK RP5
    Xone: DB4 | Pioneer CDJ-2000 Nexus
    DJTT FAQ | Read my guide to AUDIO CABLES