Audio Drop with Delay Effect - 1.4 tki and traktor 3.4 w/ vci 100se

Default Audio Drop with Delay Effect - 1.4 tki and traktor 3.4 w/ vci 100se

i swear i saw a post about this before but after countless searching i have yet to track it down.

i was wondering if anyone else has encountered an audio drop out (quick but definitely enough to hear it) when you push or engage the delay effect on a VCI-100SE with Traktor 3.4 and the 1.4.tki?

this happens fairly regularly and is the only problem i've had so far with this set up. i'm still fairly new with the VCI-100SE but other than that it's worked great.

just wondering if anyone has any suggestions. i've adjusted the latency settings as well and that doesn't seem to help.

i'm also using a Audio 4 DJ soundcard.

i own Traktor Pro but have yet to use it live yet. might take the plunge on friday though and if that problem doesn't exist there i guess it's not that big a deal.

thanks for you help.

its not a latencey thing or an audio thing- but something in the delay itself. Sometimes, when the delay switches on and the wet dry changes position then there can be a brief interruption of the track. I will see if this can be tracked down.

try turning the wet/dry knob all the way down before engaging the delay. that should fix it.

cool. yeah, that's kinda what i was thinking it was. i'm pretty sure i've tried making sure the wet/dry knob is all the way off but i'm fairly sure it still happens. usually i just stop using it when playing live after it happens once. haha. i'll mess with it at home some more and see if it still occurs. if you do come up with a cure though that would be sweet. thanks for the info, help and the sweet controller! i'm really diggin' it and appreciate all the work that went into and continues to be put into it! super great site too!

Tech Guru

When wet/dry is turned up high, your hearing more of (or only) the delayed signal, which is going to be, well, delayed. Take a snapshot of the effect at low/medium setting, so when you load it and turn it on, it won't give you a drop.
    MacBook 2.4GHz, 6GB, Traktor Pro, Ableton Live, Bomes MT, Audio Kontrol 1, Vestax VCI-100 SE Custom, M-Audio Axiom 25, Akai APC40, NI Maschine, 2x Midi Fighters (c/o DJ TechTools - Thanks!!)

Mixcloud DJ Sets

Tech Mentor

Default same here but

same her but I have managed to find out when exactly it happens.

Same setup as problem poster (FW 1.3, Traktor 3.3 or 3.4 and tks 1.4 TT Style).

I noticed when engaging delay over the knobs - all good
    When engaging over Fader (Fader FX mode) - all good
    When engaging over jog wheel (Fader FX mode) - audio dropout

When engaging over jogwheel the delay effect ist at 100% - the delay effect is louder then the audio being played and the delay becomes the dominant sound and takes the "delay" to kick in. Hope you guys can follow me.

So when I set the delay effect to 100% before engaging over the knobs - the same audio dropout occurs.

Workaround for me:
    1.make sure the effect isn't set to 100% before engaging
    2.do not use the jogwheels to engage the delay effect

I haven't looked into to the midi settings yet (updated my vci yesterday), but setting the initial effect level of the jog wheels to something around 50% should work and in my opinion also make sense for other effects when "scratching" them in....

Correct me if I'm wrong