Gear you never asked for.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tech Guru

Default Gear you never asked for.

So I recently ordered a pair of Denon DN-S700 from Amazon at a great price. I got them in today along with another box from the same Amazon Seller. It contained a Hercules MIDI console. I know I never ordered it. They never sent me a packing slip with any of the packages they shipped. Do I email them and ask if it was meant for someone else. I don't need the gear it's not one of the nicer Hercules models. Not that would make any difference. I have enough gear as it is. What would you do?
    Traktor Scratch Pro 2, 2X Stanton STR8-80, 2X Denon DN-S700, Akai APC40 + APC20, DDM4000, KRKRokit 8, HD25-II, iPad (Touch OSC)

Sell it
    CDJ400s, Ecler Nuo, XD 53
    KRK RP8sFG

umm very interested n it if ur willing to sell

Tech Guru

I'm not gonna sell it until I at least talk to someone form the sellers end. I understand that people are people and make mistakes and I got a really good deal on my Denon DN-S700 Units. I have no intention of profiting from their mistake.

But if they do not get back to me in a few days or say to keep it or something else along those lines then yes I would sell it and I'll be happy to give it to a fellow DJTT Member for a good price as it didn't cost me anything. I'll try contacting them tonight and if they get back to me in the next few days I'll see what they say. If their nice and ask me to ship it back as long as they pay for shipping I would do it only out respect that they are already giving me such a bargain on the stuff I bought.

I'll let you two know in a day or so if it will be sold and I'll make a formal post in the correct forum. As of right now thou it is not for sale. I was more interested in this kind of thing ever happened to anyone else and what they did about it? Maybe they sent it along as a thank you? Doubtful as it sells for 99$ form Amazon. I'm not sure but it just seems odd to me that's all. Thanks for the interest I'll keep you posted.
    Traktor Scratch Pro 2, 2X Stanton STR8-80, 2X Denon DN-S700, Akai APC40 + APC20, DDM4000, KRKRokit 8, HD25-II, iPad (Touch OSC)

Send it back.

Tech Convert

send it back. you don't need it. and the person waiting for it is gonna have to wait longer. and we all know how that feels....

Perhaps make them pay for the shipping.

Tech Guru

I have contacted them and explained the situation. I also said that if they have no problem paying for the shipping I will gladly repackage it and drop it off at the nearest UPS store or wherever they would like if it's not too far of a drive.

I do know how it feels to wait and I wouldn't want for someone else to receive my gear and then have to get the run around about who ordered what and where did it get shipped to. I hope they get back to me and we can figure out what happened and what to do.

In the UK, if you know they are not yours and there has been a mistake, to keep them without the intention of giving them back would be to commit the criminal offence of 'theft by finding'. Not sure of the legalities your side.
    DJTT Nu Disco Mix Train Vol 1
    beats and balearic bobs in north-west london
    iTunes podcast
    soundcloud

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast