Upgrading VCI-100 (1.2) Firmware using Mac OS X ?

Default Upgrading VCI-100 (1.2) Firmware using Mac OS X ?

Hello !

Sorry if this has been posted before, I tried a search but nothing came up ?

I have just ordered my upgrade kit and wanted to see if anyone has tried updating there firmware using a Mac ?

Whilst I wait for the kit to arrive I thought I would have a play with a program called Darwine (http://www.kronenberg.org/darwine/)

Its an application that lets you install and run Windows Applications on a Mac without the use of parallels or boot camp.

I have managed to install and run the firmware upgrade program fine but as I don't have the serial to USB cable yet haven't looked how to find the correct COM port.

Hopefully someone else will find this helpful and give it ago, I would be keen to see the results.

Cheers,

Fragz

Tech Wizard

Hi Fragz,

I will try this on OS X, too as soon as I get my kit. Not sure if the upgrade will run in Darwine, I assume you need a bootcamp installation for more direct hardware access. I will try with a native Vista Installation, and I also have several VMware images around, which will also have at least emulated access to USB peripherals.

Of course I have the same problem with the cable, not knowing which will work. Would be nice if we Mac Users could post our experiences here in this thread, I certainly will and also hope others will do.

Greetings,
    Frank

Default Darwine

Hi Frank,

Thanks for the reply. Have a look at darwine as there is an addon with it called trix that installs windows components and you can customize what you want to add. You don't need boot camp or parelles etc. There must be a way for us ! If this works it would be such a quick and simple solution.

Cheers,

Fragz