Traktor 2 still erasing some beatgrids!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Traktor 2 still erasing some beatgrids!

So I took everyone's advice and starting gridding my tracks directly in the track collection rather than in my original hard drive folders. Yet I still have the issue of beatgrids disappearing. However, I think I may have pinpointed the issue.

Sometimes I go back and use Traktor 1.2.7. When 1.2.7 is launched, it will analyze all my tracks not already analyzed in 1.2.7 but may have already been analyzed and gridded in Traktor 2. Then, when I close Traktor 1.2.7 and open Traktor 2, all those tracks that have already been gridded in Traktor 2 have their grids erased probably due to them being re-analyzed in 1.2.7. Does this make sense? How can I avoid this if I want to switch back and forth between programs? I don't want my grids to keep erasing!

DJTT Moderator bloke Karlos Santos's Avatar

I answered this on the NI forum dude but for some reason i cannot find it, maybe i didnt press send.

When you analyse in T2 it writes to its own private tags such as BPM etc. When you analyse in T1.2.7 it will write over those tags.

If you chose not to analyse in 1.2.7 do the T2 tags show up? I would imagine that they do not because T2 and T1 do not handle tag writing into the file and stripe in the same way.

I dont think they are backwards compatible meaning you cant go back & forth.

This is my hunch and written quickly as im about to go to a gig.

You are correct when you say the T2 tags don't show uP in 1.2.7. However, the reverse is not true. When I grid a track or make cue points in 1.2.7 they appear to automatically transfer over to T2.

The only workaround I can think of right now is to analyze tracks and grid, set cue points in 1.2.7 first and then let then transfer over to T2 if I want to continue using both versions of Traktor.

It's clear that whenever I set grids/cues in T2 and then open 1.2.7 and those same tracks are analyzed that my grids/cues are erased. The only thing that doesn't get erased is the number of stars I give the track and any comments I write. I don't know why those tags will continue to be saved while grids/cues will erase.

Any of insight would be GREATLY appreciated!!!

Yeah thats what i meant by backwards compatibility.
    1.2.7 tags will show in T2 but T2 wont show in 1.2.7 and will be overwritten.

To be honest, leave 1.2.7 to history.

Ive moved onto T2 and im not working with T1.2.7

Sorry not much help

Lol. Ok. Fair enough. The reason why I would go to 1.2.7 is because I hVe a few annoying problems with T2. Mostly this pitch problem that really annoys me and makes me nervous that something else may go wrong.

See here: http://www.djtechtools.com/forum/showthread.php?t=35623

this one also is EXTREMELY annoying and distracting if i'm using hotcues as i sometimes mix up the red and the blue playhead: http://www.djtechtools.com/forum/sho...810#post360810
    Last edited by princesultan; 10-09-2011 at 10:12 AM.

Karlos, maybe you can offer me some advice too on a similar problem? A lot of my beatgrids seem to change or get messed up between sessions. Im not going back and forth between versions, just using TP2 straight up.

I was playing last night and it seemed nearly every tune i loaded had to be re-gridded. Also when I tapped the tempo in it kept setting my grid at the right bpm, slightly before or after the beat, sometimes even a 1/8 beat off. Was pretty annoying to have to move all my grids around!

Why would this be happening?

Btw, these weren't complex beats, a lot of hip hop and 4/4 house/pop.

Any help would be appreciated.
    Mixes: www.mixcloud.com/djalexwild/
    Production: www.soundcloud.com/alexwild
    DJM500 : X1 : MBP 15" 2.53 GHz 4 GB RAM : HD25SP : MASCHINE

Do you lock your tracks after setting a Beat Grid..? Its essential that you do.
    I have experienced the grid having moved on unlocked tracks myself so I lock every track.

I cant give a reason for the movement but ill look into it.

i always lock. karlos, if you can comment on that playhead thread that i posted, that would really be appreciated as well.

Never thought to do that, will from now on though! Cheers Karlos.
    Mixes: www.mixcloud.com/djalexwild/
    Production: www.soundcloud.com/alexwild
    DJM500 : X1 : MBP 15" 2.53 GHz 4 GB RAM : HD25SP : MASCHINE

Tech Student

I'm having a similar issue with T2 Pro on my Mac. Last night I was up pretty late gridding and locking about 100 tracks that I bought. I always grid lock as well as BPM lock after I am done. This morning I came in and it looks like 15% of them randomly lost their grids. The lock didn't even show up on tracks I know for sure I locked. I don't use Itunes for my collection -- I keep all of my DJ music in its own standalone folder than Itunes doesn't touch.

I'm not using MiK or anything else that would touch the file other than Traktor 2.

Another thing I noticed is that if you edit the MP3 with Traktor, it will erase your beat grid. Even if the BPM didn't change. I went back through and put the sub-genre of music in each comment and every time Traktor forced me to re-grid. Is there a way of stopping that?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast