Sound quality problem pls help!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tech Mentor

Default Sound quality problem pls help!

I have a audio to 6dj that is basically brand new, the problem is that the sound quality starts to become sh*ty if i mix for 1hr +, a very static sound, it kind of sounds like a lofi effect is turned on full. The audio 6 is plugged into its own separate power source and I have no clue how else to avoid this from happening. anyone have a similar problem and knows how to fix this?

If you unplug it, i.e. turn it off, then on again. Does it still make a wierd sound?

If so, is it hot?

It sounds wierd that its breaking up after a certain time of use. I'd assume if it was a driver problem then it would happen all the time. It could potentially be that you have a dodgy A6, maybe some of the compoments &/ heatsinks arent sat right.
    Ecler NUO 3.0, 2 1210mk2, midi fighter, Kontrol X1, Akai LPD8, Reloop RHP10's, TSP, Audio 8

Howitzer on Soundcloud | Howitzer on Twitter | Howitzer on Facebook | Howitzer dnb blog

Tech Mentor

Unplugging it and plugging it back in doesnt fix it, but if i change the sounds kbps (for example if im at 44100 and go to 48000) the sound becomes back to normal, which is strange seeing that it is a higher sound quality?? but this is not a good solution bc as the change is being made the music stops playing for a good 3 seconds, so i need to find another way. Maybe the audio 6 itself has an issue, not sure i bought it from a guitar center brand new a few months ago.

PC or Mac?
    Erase. Stop. Start.

We need more info buddy. I own an audio 6 also.
    Acer E5 i7 16GB 512SSD 2TBHD ~ WIN 10 ~ TSP 2.11 ~ AUDIO 6 ~ DUAL X1s ~ DN-X1600 ~ SPECTRA ~ TWISTER ~ ATH-PRO500 MK2 ~ ZED6FX ~ AT2020

" I’m the Dude, so that’s what you call me. That or, uh His Dudeness, or uh Duder, or El Duderino, if you’re not into the whole brevity thing. "

Tech Mentor

its a macbook pro. have 2 dns 1200s, dnx 120, traktor x1, midifigher, midifighter pro, and akai lpd8. all the controllers are connected to a usb hub that is plugged into one of the usb ports on the mac, and the audio 6 is connected to the other usb port on the mac by itself. Not sure what other info you might need but askk an ill be glad to answer.

what have you got the latency set at? have you used the device updater to flash the firmware? Are you using the latest "V.3.0" drivers?
    Acer E5 i7 16GB 512SSD 2TBHD ~ WIN 10 ~ TSP 2.11 ~ AUDIO 6 ~ DUAL X1s ~ DN-X1600 ~ SPECTRA ~ TWISTER ~ ATH-PRO500 MK2 ~ ZED6FX ~ AT2020

" I’m the Dude, so that’s what you call me. That or, uh His Dudeness, or uh Duder, or El Duderino, if you’re not into the whole brevity thing. "

Also try to swap the USB port to see if this helps.
    Steve Zorilow: Facebook - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Twitter

Tech Mentor

didnt really do any firmware updates to anything but the dns 1200s bout a year ago, im sorry for being computer illiterate but what do you mean when you say "flash the firmware"? and which device are you talking about? where can i get access to new drivers? sorry for the all the questions just so terrible with techy stuff

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast