Soooo, I just got my TMA-1's in the mail..
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Default Soooo, I just got my TMA-1's in the mail..

AND I LOVE THEM!! by far the BEST headphones I have ever used! the sound quality is crystal clear and the low ends aren't as overbearing as the Beats by Dre. Definitely recommend them to anyone looking for a good set of cans. I'm a happy camper just figured I'd share lol
    DJ Setup: Serato DJ/(2) Vestax V7/Ecler Nuo 2.0// Production Setup: Logic Pro 9/M-Audio i-Control/M-Audio Keystation Mini 32/NI Audio 2 DJ/13" 2.3GHz MBP 500GB HD OSX Lion/AIAIAI TMA-1/Roland TR-707//

Tech Mentor

nice to hear you're happy man.
    Hittin' Switches For The Bitches

What can you compare them to?

They look interesting but I wonder how they stand up to Xone XD 53s or Pioneer HDJ-2000s (53mm and 50mm drivers respectively vs 40mm I think in the TMA-1s).

Agreed, the TMAs are the bomb. I had the Xone XD 53s a while and they are also fantastic headphones but when it comes to sound isolation the TMAs put them to shame. It may be an ear size thing but for me the size of the TMAs are perfect. I couldn't say much with respect to sound quality- they both sounded great - but the Xones definitely felt louder. But I prefer being able to turn them down and have some isolation.
    "Art is what you can get away with." - Marshall McLuhan

Tech Mentor

I LOVE MINE TOOOOOOOO!!!

They are absolutely amazing!
    VCI-100 (DJTT Overlay - 1.4) - Neon Yellow Knobs
    Midi-Fighter
    15" MacBook Pro (Quad-Core i7)
    Traktor Pro 2 w/ Audio 2 DJ
    Stephon Ikōs (www.soundcloud.com/gbushkuhl)

Xonetacular- I've never tried out the Xone headphones but have tried the HDJ 2000's, and while the 2000's are louder, IMO I don't feel as if they had that perfect blend of crisp highs and nice, but not over powering lows that the TMA's have. I also just like the way the TMA headphones feel on my head and ears as well. IDK, it could be a feel thing too which is why I like them so much. And just like proben said, the sound isolation is superb. I don't really even have to mention my comparison to the bass-heavy beats by dre phones, which aren't really meant for mixing, just for listening pleasure.
    DJ Setup: Serato DJ/(2) Vestax V7/Ecler Nuo 2.0// Production Setup: Logic Pro 9/M-Audio i-Control/M-Audio Keystation Mini 32/NI Audio 2 DJ/13" 2.3GHz MBP 500GB HD OSX Lion/AIAIAI TMA-1/Roland TR-707//

A pair of these are definitely my next purchase! nobody has a bad thing to say about them!
    MacBook Pro 15" 2.0GHZ i7. Kontrol S4. Traktor Scratch Pro 2.5. MidiFighter Classic. Aiaiai TMA-1.

I want...
    Mixes: www.mixcloud.com/djalexwild/
    Production: www.soundcloud.com/alexwild
    DJM500 : X1 : MBP 15" 2.53 GHz 4 GB RAM : HD25SP : MASCHINE

I really enjoyed mine as well. But be forewarned, they are not dog-proof.

I actually find I prefer the bass from the Xone 53's though, so those will probably be my next purchase. (A good buddy of mine has those, and we tried them side by side. While the isolation is much better in the TMA-1's, the bass response was a bit better for me with the 53's, though I wasn't unhappy at the time, now that I have to buy again, I know more).
    BREAKBEATS AND OTHER MUSICAL ADVENTURES
    Facebook - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Mixlr - Twitter

After my S4, my next best purchase. Have Aerial Tanks, HDJ 2K's and Bose QC15's. My T(ycho)M(agnetic)A(nomoly)-1's are by far my favourites.
    Last edited by JonathanBlake; 10-08-2011 at 07:37 AM.
    356 reasons why

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast