tunes 4 mac/windows Converting software
    Tech Wizard

Default tunes 4 mac/windows Converting software

Hi everybody, i have a question on a music file conversion software. Im a frequent itunes user and i wanted to get a legal software that will convert my itunes into mp3s.

I know that there is software that implements virtual cd drives for burning and ripping music (ex:tunebite) and also software that dubbs or records the music and makes them mp3s or other file formats, which i think takes too long.

i was searching on google and i found one program called tune4mac and tune4windows (www.tune4win.com and www.tune4mac.com) which i demoed and it seemed like a really good program. i was really impressed at how quickly it converted. Does anyone know of this program or tried it?
    Im asking because id like to purchase the full version and use it for mac. Im just kinda skeptical because i havent found anything on line where people have reviewed it. Hope to hear from you guys. Thanks for your time!

Tech Wizard

Are you using Mac or Windows?

If you're using Mac, Max has great conversion capabilities. And it's shareware!

Tech Wizard

thanks for that input. I'm using a mac so i'll be sure to try that one out. Are there any other good pieces of software out there? also, has anybody used "tune4mac"? thanks again guys.

Tech Wizard

I forgot to add, the purpose for wanting a file converter is to find a faster way to legally remove the DRM protection from my purchased itunes files. Instead of burning a CD and then ripping it, id like a software that utulizes virtual cd burning to bypass actually using a disc. any inputs?

What you really need is iTunes-Lame, this little app will convert whatever you have high-lighted in iTunes to the single best sounding mp3 existing! The Lame Mp3 v3.97

Tech Wizard

For Windows, there is the freeware program "foobar2000", see http://www.foobar2000.org/. Also the best quality music playback software out there. For converting, you only need to right-click on the song, click "convert..." and if you have not already find the lame.dll (which implies that you need the dlls for the codec you are converting to). But you can download all the dlls required.