How do I know when I'm ready? - Page 3
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

21 is over-rated... The last few years, my liver and sobriety will attest to that!
    The MUSIC is what matters!
    Everything else is _________

Quote Originally Posted by dj stifffy View Post
    Makes me look forward to my holidays , how does an 18year old legally become 21?? I know that for myself I kind of had to live for those 3 years.... But the perks of being Irish means you can drink at the age of 18 and get into clubs and drink younger once you have a permission note from mammy
    Ha its funny cos its true!
    The Djtt Psychic Network has closed for the day. If you need help from the non-psychic members of the forum, you need to be more specific
    http://soundcloud.com/djsidetrakd
    Check out my midifighter extreme!! http://www.djtechtools.com/forum/showthread.php?t=28014

Tech Mentor

Your ready when your confident.

Alright, I'm pretty sure I'm ready. The next few weeks I'll be dealing with creating everything I'll use to market and promote myself since I'm also into graphic design. I'll also be on the hunt for a new car. So once I'm done with that and with a little more practice I'll start looking for places to play which won't be hard since I know a lot of people and I've attended almost every high school, club, festival party this town has had. I'll try to record my first gig.
    | 2011 Macbook Pro 15" | Kontrol S4 | Traktor Pro 2 | Pioneer HDJ-1000k |

Quote Originally Posted by KidZgOt5waGG View Post
    Alright, I'm pretty sure I'm ready. The next few weeks I'll be dealing with creating everything I'll use to market and promote myself since I'm also into graphic design. I'll also be on the hunt for a new car. So once I'm done with that and with a little more practice I'll start looking for places to play which won't be hard since I know a lot of people and I've attended almost every high school, club, festival party this town has had. I'll try to record my first gig.
    start a soundcloud homie
    Beatslicing for the bitches

Quote Originally Posted by ST.PE` View Post
    start a soundcloud homie
    I will, but I mean getting it live on video.
    | 2011 Macbook Pro 15" | Kontrol S4 | Traktor Pro 2 | Pioneer HDJ-1000k |

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by Gryz View Post
    This forum is extremely helpful, but with any DJ related site, asking for a DJ name, good opening songs, what equipment to buy and a date you will be ready sounds like something that would be asked of a child. (see your name) Read, and then when you are done reading, read some more. Until your eyes hurt.
    +1 on the name...

If you plan on playing at a high school party, no one is going to give a sh!t if you can mix or not.
    CDJ400s, Ecler Nuo, XD 53
    KRK RP8sFG

Throw your own parties first.

Another option is to start broadcasting radio/video from home.

See if you can get people into it that way, alongside those other things. Just prep a set for like once a week, do a video shoot of it streaming live, and record it so people can listen/watch it later.

One of my favorite parts about the internet. Finding nice sets to watch and listen to streaming online.
    BREAKBEATS AND OTHER MUSICAL ADVENTURES
    Facebook - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Mixlr - Twitter

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast