Traktor CD Player

Default Traktor CD Player

I think NI should make a dedicated CD Player for traktor. Doesn't necissarily have to be midi. I made a sketchup in photoshop. I call it the kontrol d1. It would have a motorized jog. And a bit bigger than the ones on the S4. more suited for scratching. not anything fancy but would by great for analog mixing.

thoughts?

and sorry... forgot the sync button was still their... but it shouldnt be..
    "Be RANDOM to get NOTICED" -ellaskins

Tech Guru

I think it would be a good idea. I don't know if they could do it cheap enough and good enough that it would offset Pioneers dominance in the market. I love NI products to me they are the Apple of the DJing world. They're usually not the first to come up with new ideas but their products tend to be very pleasing aesthetically, you usually don't know you need one until you see it, and very well built.
    Traktor Scratch Pro 2, 2X Stanton STR8-80, 2X Denon DN-S700, Akai APC40 + APC20, DDM4000, KRKRokit 8, HD25-II, iPad (Touch OSC)

yeah and of NI made a keyboard with their build quality i would love it

motorized jogs only make it more expensive. also thats a tad bare. Hotcues?
    also why not something like what stanton has right now and have it be made from NI. something like an S2/S4 with taktor built in and a angled screen for the decks, I would push it more on the S2 due to the size of the S4. But also being able to hook CDJs to it and mix externally if wanted.

so much I know but we can dream
    /人◕‿‿◕人\
    --Its not the OS, It's the user--

well i didnt want anything fancy.

all i really cared about was that their jog wheel is like 3x as big as the s4 one, is motorized, and still can be pressed like ur actually grabbing the track. I was gonna pair it up with an s2 and a maschine anyway so.

Tech Guru

Ohh if we could get a NI CDJ with an angled screen that can read the files on the CD and display colored waveforms, I know it's a lot to ask as it would have to have some kind of computer inside to decode the waveforms.
    Traktor Scratch Pro 2, 2X Stanton STR8-80, 2X Denon DN-S700, Akai APC40 + APC20, DDM4000, KRKRokit 8, HD25-II, iPad (Touch OSC)