So you messed up in the middle of your set!!! - Page 4
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Nephew View Post
    Holy shit, this isn't brain surgery FFS! Just sit down, cue up a track and start playing and mixing tracks one after another.

Done.

How hard was that? If you don't even have the confidence to do that at home, what makes you think you are ready to play out?
    Beatslicing for the bitches

So lost me on this one
    I think dope was saying that if your only contribution to a thread is posting the word 'weak' then you're not being hugely helpful, and may do better keeping your opinions to yourself.

Holy shit, this isn't brain surgery FFS! Just sit down, cue up a track and start playing and mixing tracks one after another.

Done.

How hard was that? If you don't even have the confidence to do that at home, what makes you think you are ready to play out?
    I think its a confidence thing - if you've not done it before, DJing out when you really give a shit about sounding good can be damn scary. My first sets were fairly well planned out before I started, and over a time I ended up building things on the hoof. Thesedays I usually have no idea what I'm going to play with about 5 minutes to go before my first track ...
    Traktor Scratch Pro 2/Serato SL1/Ecler NUO 3.0/VCI 100 SE/2 x Technics 1210 Mk2/Sennheiser HD25 II/Novation Dicers

Quote Originally Posted by lethal_pizzle View Post
    No, 4 would be to a bar!
    This

Quote Originally Posted by WDPK837 View Post
    Most dance music is in 4/4 time. This time signature implies that a quarter note (usually where the kicks are) gets 1 beat, and there are 4 beats in a measure. A measure is the same thing as a bar. 4 beats in a bar.
    aaaaand this

and I don't even play EDM :P
    Traktor Scratch Pro 2/Serato SL1/Ecler NUO 3.0/VCI 100 SE/2 x Technics 1210 Mk2/Sennheiser HD25 II/Novation Dicers

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by ST.PE` View Post
    What did you exactly get in before the lock?

Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by wongaling View Post
    I don't plan everything, I plan about 10-15 minutes so I have something to get comfy with and then completely improvised from there. not sure if that was helpful or not.
    That is exactly what i do!!! Grease the wheels!!
    2011 Mac Book Pro 1TB internal HD..8gig of RAM 2.7 GHZ dual core I-7..Traktor Pro 2 ..Kontrol X-1.... Audio 6 Sound card W/ Monster DJ RCA'S ... ... 2 Rokit 8 self powered Speakers ... Sennheiser HD 25 HeadPhones .... (coming soon) Xone 42

I kinda started skipping posts after a bit as things degenerated into being the complete opposite of helpful, but fwiw I can understand you wanting a "safety net" in having a set all planned out before your first gig, and even if there are "veterans" on here who tell you not to, you'd be surprised at how many veterans also had their sets planned out when they were just beginning. Confidence and knowledge of your music is what you need as previously pointed out, but I also find that marking out the busy parts of tracks with cues (I use fade in and fade out markers as I don't use them anywhere else) as a sort of "shit will clash badly at this part" kind of warning (usually it's the melody). That way I know to chuck in a safety loop, or prepare to throw in a bunch of stupid fx to transition, to stop two busy parts of tracks from clashing. Might be helpful for you. Might not.

Weak

Done.

Again, two completely unhelpul and rude posts.

If you're only intention is to flame the op, then I suggest you stfu and keep it to yourself.

Although I agree with youfreestyle mixing isn't rocket science and planning a live set (for a crowd) isn't the way to go about djing. But everyone learns different.

To the op. Leave your tracks & the beat jump feature is yourfriend.
    Quote Originally Posted by Xonetacular View Post
    Ya I've heard one song. It's called Skrillex.
    13" Macbook - 256gb SSD, 750gb HDD, 8gb Ram ❘ DDJ-SX | HDJ-2000
    Kontrol Z1 | Midifighter 3D | Kontrol X1

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by Rukks View Post
    Lol, yeah if you have a waveform its pretty hard to miss phrases...So by feel it he means you can look at a multicolor waveform and see when it changes colors.

Some people still have to count beats/bars phrases because they dont use computers but in this case he is so just go with the color change.

Otherwise you can't go that wrong if you drop a tune on the 1 and use effects to get out instead of trying to hit the drop.
    god damnit boy, as I said in my first post I look at the waveform so i know if I'm nearing the end of a song. listen to no beef - afrojack around the end it picks up and then drops off and feels like the song is about to end but then it gets even heavier in cases like this I uses the 30 second reminder (how the waveform flashes when you near the end of a track) to tell me when the track's going to end. next time try not to put words in my mouth.
    Hittin' Switches For The Bitches

Quote Originally Posted by lethal_pizzle View Post
    No, 4 would be to a bar!

Those are Quarter Beats...Crotchets...

APC80:STR8-100's+Ortofon Concorde Scratch\Electro:ButterRugz:TSP2-NI Audio4DJ:Xone22+Innofader:MacBook Pro 15"
    www.soundcloud.com/djsarasin
    www.youtube.com/adriansarasin

Quote Originally Posted by WDPK837 View Post
    Most dance music is in 4/4 time. This time signature implies that a quarter note (usually where the kicks are) gets 1 beat, and there are 4 beats in a measure. A measure is the same thing as a bar. 4 beats in a bar.
    Fuck....I always get it wrong.

I took music for 8 years at school.......can read and play it.

Translate it into DAW use....fucked.

LOL
    APC80:STR8-100's+Ortofon Concorde Scratch\Electro:ButterRugz:TSP2-NI Audio4DJ:Xone22+Innofader:MacBook Pro 15"
    www.soundcloud.com/djsarasin
    www.youtube.com/adriansarasin

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast