Mapping confict

Thread: Mapping confict

Default Mapping confict

Hi,
    First of all i'm a beginner at mapping.
    I just bought an Akai LPD8 today, and i wanted to map it so that it triggers the sample decks on Traktor Pro 2.

So my first question is : Is there a way to map it so when i hit the pad, the sample plays, and if i hit it again, it restarts to the beginning (and plays again) ?

I choosed the LPD8 over the Korg Nanopad because of the 8 knobs.
    The problem i got is that i got a Kontrol X1 in my setup too and the X1's knobs are in confict with the LPD8's ones.
    I'm using X1 defaut mapping, and i'm happy with it, and i want to stick to it.

But if i assing LPD8's knobs to control the volume of each sample slot, then my X1 will control the same thing. How do i separate them ?

Thanks for help

PS : if you know or have any well-done mapping for samples decks with the LPD8, (triggering and controlling volume and/or filters) i would be happy if you post it.

Check the manual; you need to tell Traktor the appropriate port for each controller in the Controller Manager.
    "Art is what you can get away with." - Marshall McLuhan

Thank you. Do you have any clue about what i asked about the pads and triggering ?

Search the NI discussion board on your sample question - I don't like the sampler so I don't know but I do know the problem has come up before; there's a weird trick to mapping samples so they play like one would expect them to.
    "Art is what you can get away with." - Marshall McLuhan

Tech Mentor

Yes there is, but you would need to assign a different button (or use a modifier in combo w/ that button) to stop or mute the sample. This does get tricky, however, as looped samples and one shot samples play and retrigger differently. The way I would do it, if i was limited to 1 button, would be to set up the "Slot Play" command for the slot with modifier condition "Slot State: 1" (Loaded, but not playing). Then map the same button to be "Retrigger" for the same slot, with modifier condition "Slot State: 2" (Loaded AND Playing). The downside to doing it this way, however, is that looped samples will continue to play until stopped by a different command completely, and 1-shots will play all the way through.

Another option, and the way I have set my sample deck to function, is have 1 button be Play/Pause, and a second button be Retrigger. This way, I can use the Retrigger even if the slot is not in play state, and not play the sample all the way through. Also, I can stop both looped and 1-shot samples at any time after playing, with the pause.

Hope that helps!
    17" MBP, TP2, X1, MF Classic (soon to be custom), Custom VCI-100, Oxygen 25, Guitar Hero Guitar (inspired by DJTT!), MBox 3 (overkill, but swapping to Audio2)

Follow my Mod Projects and More on Facebook and Youtube