Quantize, Snap, Juggle
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Quantize, Snap, Juggle

Iv only been mixing with traktor and my vci for just over 2 months and I'm confused to what the above functions actualy do... Any info would be laffin!
    Last edited by Jo3; 03-05-2009 at 08:36 AM.

*~Edited title.~*
    RSTRCTD | twitter | facebook (RSTRCTD) facebook (LJ) | vimeo | pinterest | my studio | soundcloud (RSTRCTD)| soundcloud (LJ)
    -- CHECK our DEBUT (DEEP)HOUSE EP RELEASE ON BEATPORT "RSTRCTD - EXISTENCE" --

Quote Originally Posted by Tekki View Post
    *~Edited title.~*
    Thankyou

Quantize: In digital music, quantization is the process of aligning a set of musical notes to a precise setting. This results in notes being set on beats and on exact fractions of beats.
    This means that if you hit - lets say a cuepoint button - while the song is playing, and dont hit exactly on the beat, the quantization helps by adjusting your timeing so it matches the beat.

Snap: Example: With snap off, you can drop a cuepoint anywhere you please in the waveform. With snap on, any dropped cuepoints will stick to the nearest gridline (beat).

Juggle: I guess you mean cuepoint juggle or beat juggle. This is simply the art of jumping between cuepoints and making it sound good. These cuepoints will normally be assigned to different buttons on your controller. Check out some of Eans juggle demo vids.

I assume that you are using T pro. I am not sure but I think that those functions are the ones labled as Cd-snap-vinyl on T3?

If that is correct I can tell you that in T3 they reffer to what method are you using to drop cue points.

Vinyl will drop a cue on any point of a track. When using snap (my favorite) the cue point will snap to the nearest beat.

I'm on traktor pro! Cheers for the help, all cleared up on what these functions are now thanks!
    What would the jugle mode nob do on the top right of the vci?

Quote Originally Posted by Jo3 View Post
    I'm on traktor pro! Cheers for the help, all cleared up on what these functions are now thanks!
    So you have a vci-100SE. I would really advice you to check out Eans instruction videos. They go through all the buttons on the SE. Just do a searh on youtube.

Quote Originally Posted by Jo3 View Post
    When rotated it changes the 4 buttons along the bottom under the jogs to cue points 1 -4 on each side meaning you can quickly jump around your song on the fly creating interesting remixes .. or juggling as its called. Like when a turntablist Juggles his beats

Ps one for the rest of you ... didnt teh touch on the jog used to act as one of the cues ... how come this was changed?

Im fully with it now! Thanks for the info

can anyone answer my question above ? atankyou

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast