Problem with EU monitors and US mixer
    Tech Student

Default Problem with EU monitors and US mixer

I've got a Pioneer DJM-400 and CDJ-800mk2's that I brought with me from the US to Amsterdam where I'm currently living. I bought KRK Rokit 5 studio monitors in Amsterdam and after much waiting for transformer boxes for everything I finally was able to hook it all up. The problem is that the master out from the mixer to the dual TRS on the moniters sounds like shit. Low frequencies are totally gone and everything else sounds patchy- any idea why this might happen? I can't figure out if it could have something to do with voltage btwn the 110v US mixer and 220v NL monitors or what. I'd love any help you could give me- I want to spin!

Quote Originally Posted by LSaltyc View Post
    I've got a Pioneer DJM-400 and CDJ-800mk2's that I brought with me from the US to Amsterdam where I'm currently living. I bought KRK Rokit 5 studio monitors in Amsterdam and after much waiting for transformer boxes for everything I finally was able to hook it all up. The problem is that the master out from the mixer to the dual TRS on the moniters sounds like shit. Low frequencies are totally gone and everything else sounds patchy- any idea why this might happen? I can't figure out if it could have something to do with voltage btwn the 110v US mixer and 220v NL monitors or what. I'd love any help you could give me- I want to spin!
    Ummm...

The DJM-400 does not have balanced outs. TRS or otherwise. You should be running RCA cables from the mixer to the RCA ins on the Rokits.

http://www.pioneerdjusa.com/gear.aspx?product=DJM-400

Tech Student

Thank you!