How to map??

Thread: How to map??

Tech Wizard

Default How to map??

So I just got a Akai LPD8 a Korg Nano Pad and Korg Nano Kontrol... I saw mappings out there but either I have no idea how to import them and if i do that successfully some of them don't have what each button does and I think it would just be easier to learn how to do it and make my own mappings and I would already know what each button does since I did it... so anyone have any good threads or videos on how to map midi controllers? I was able to do some simple mapping in traktor pro 2 but I was having trouble with getting a combination of buttons to do something and stuff like that

Tech Mentor

Read the manual
    use the search function on this forum
    read the blog posts
    look at the mapping tips, tricks and questions thread
    Use the forum FAQ

this information is on here like a thousand times.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigtyme7 View Post
    So I just got a Akai LPD8 a Korg Nano Pad and Korg Nano Kontrol... I saw mappings out there but either I have no idea how to import them and if i do that successfully some of them don't have what each button does and I think it would just be easier to learn how to do it and make my own mappings and I would already know what each button does since I did it... so anyone have any good threads or videos on how to map midi controllers? I was able to do some simple mapping in traktor pro 2 but I was having trouble with getting a combination of buttons to do something and stuff like that
    Hey man. The internet is a gigantic world full of information. So is is DJTT. Do some research first, exactly what joostiisme said. After doing that and realising that your question can be fully answered by some research, ask a question here if something isn't clear.

Cheers
    Allen&Heath Xone:22 - NI Kontrol X1 - Novation Launchpad - Akai LPD8 - Traktor Audio 2 DJ - Pioneer HDJ-1000/Klipsch S4i in-ear headphones - Traktor Pro 2 - Macbook Pro 13" 2011 (Intel Core i7, 8GB RAM)
    Soundcloud
    Facebook Fan Page