New to Ableton? Try Point Blank online training (REVIEW) - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

I do admit, I am not active on the forums. I usually just read the posts. I hardly ever have anything good to say that hasn't already been said. I recently finished the training at Point Blank and felt I finally had something to talk about.

It's unfortunate that world has made everybody so suspicious. I guess the Internet is pretty crazy. But it's not like I am asking you cash a check from the Prince of Arabia. I am just telling you about my experience.

And my opinion of the Dubspot training is my perspective. I used to DJ with vinyl and have messed around with Traktor for awhile. The first four weeks of Dubspot training we covered the basics - beat gridding, dropping on the "one", and working the faders. Not terribly difficult. Hopefully we will get to more performance related techniques in the later weeks.

By comparison, in the same four week period, the Point Blank training covered all the stuff I mentioned in my first post, plus other things I didn't even mention. Like using soundflower to integrate Live and Traktor on the same computer. Very cool stuff I didn't even know about. The course was very challenging - almost too much, too fast - and allot of fun.

So there is drastic difference in the training approach of both schools. That is all I am trying to point out. If my wording was too negative, it is not my intention to bash anybody. But in my experience and my perspective, the Dubspot curriculum has been disappointing.

I don't feel bad for writing my review and I don't feel defensive about the negative vibe. You have every right to say what you want, as much as the next person, or myself. Also, i am not affiliated with Point Blank. I think it would be a rookie move for any Internet marketing person to post to forums with absolutely zero - or I am up to three! - posts.

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by homeboy303 View Post
    I do admit, I am not active on the forums. I usually just read the posts. I hardly ever have anything good to say that hasn't already been said. I recently finished the training at Point Blank and felt I finally had something to talk about.

It's unfortunate that world has made everybody so suspicious. I guess the Internet is pretty crazy. But it's not like I am asking you cash a check from the Prince of Arabia. I am just telling you about my experience.

And my opinion of the Dubspot training is my perspective. I used to DJ with vinyl and have messed around with Traktor for awhile. The first four weeks of Dubspot training we covered the basics - beat gridding, dropping on the "one", and working the faders. Not terribly difficult. Hopefully we will get to more performance related techniques in the later weeks.

By comparison, in the same four week period, the Point Blank training covered all the stuff I mentioned in my first post, plus other things I didn't even mention. Like using soundflower to integrate Live and Traktor on the same computer. Very cool stuff I didn't even know about. The course was very challenging - almost too much, too fast - and allot of fun.

So there is drastic difference in the training approach of both schools. That is all I am trying to point out. If my wording was too negative, it is not my intention to bash anybody. But in my experience and my perspective, the Dubspot curriculum has been disappointing.

I don't feel bad for writing my review and I don't feel defensive about the negative vibe. You have every right to say what you want, as much as the next person, or myself. Also, i am not affiliated with Point Blank. I think it would be a rookie move for any Internet marketing person to post to forums with absolutely zero - or I am up to three! - posts.
    Now that's what a review sounds like. Your first one sounded to robotic and no emotion. This seems like you mean it =). Did they cover traktor into Ableton using windows? LoL i had to make a work around myself. Cause no real way of doing that I could see.

Quote Originally Posted by DigitalDevil View Post
    PB does deliver good training, but some random account boasting about it (and bashing a competitor in the process) isn't very inspiring.
    To be honest, it tends to turn me off to the product. Reminds me of American political tactics.

Well personally I have the Point Blank Serato DJing course and the Ableton DJ/Performance course coming up, after winning them in a competition on RA. (In addition to a Rane TTM57SL, Dicers, and copies of the software)

So it's nice to hear good things about the school, makes me look forward to the courses.

DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by newg View Post
    Well personally I have the Point Blank Serato DJing course and the Ableton DJ/Performance course coming up, after winning them in a competition on RA. (In addition to a Rane TTM57SL, Dicers, and copies of the software)
    Nice haul!!
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x

Quote Originally Posted by newg View Post

So it's nice to hear good things about the school, makes me look forward to the courses.
    im pretty freeekin jelly over here.
    Quote Originally Posted by Xonetacular View Post
    Ya I've heard one song. It's called Skrillex.
    13" Macbook - 256gb SSD, 750gb HDD, 8gb Ram ❘ DDJ-SX | HDJ-2000
    Kontrol Z1 | Midifighter 3D | Kontrol X1

Banned

Think it's kind of sad that people need "courses" to learn this stuff. Just get in there and do it already!

Quote Originally Posted by Nephew View Post
    Just get in there and do it already!
    yes, that is what she said.
    Production: HP G62 2.6 dual core, 8gb ram | Live 8 | APC40 | MPD32 | MPK Mini | NI A2 | KRK Rokit 6 G2s | 6pack of Rolling Rock
    DJ: Kontrol X1 | TP2

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by nuke5 View Post
    yes, that is what she said.
    Guess I walked right into that one >_<

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12