First show last night. Funny drama story, Does this happen????
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tech Wizard

Default First show last night. Funny drama story, Does this happen????

So I get to my first gig right and I am all setting up.
    First of all. They told me nothing about the sound system or helped me setup. They had a mixer and controller in two inches of area that I had to DJ. I wasnt sure If he wanted me to go through directly or .... whatever. So I am just standing there scratching my head.

I figure it out and start setting up...

BUT THEN!!! This scene kid that looked like he was twelve was like "Hey I play every night and I am supposed to start tonight at 10"

I replied "Okay the manager liked my mixes and asked me to"

Scene Kid -"Well....You were kind of a last minute thing"

--started unplugging my stuff--

Guy in background "hey let that kid play at least a 30 minute set."

Scene kid - "Okay fine...hmmphh"

THE STUPID KID WATCHED ME SET UP AND STOOD BEHIND EVEN AFTER I HAD STARTED UP THE TUNES.

Saw a song on my playlist and was like "Im actually playing that song, Can you not play that one"

"Also you might wanna turn down the bass on your left track"

Me "Uhh okay"
    *he knew it was my first show fyi

I FREAKING KILLED IT. Only messed up once.

I get done right then he grabs the mic and says "Round of a applause for the new dj, trying his best." TRYING HIS BEST???

I immediately left right...

Got a text from someone who stayed there.

"Everyone left after you got done. The manager thought you were better. And someone requested that you come back on, and the kid that gave you a hard time got asked to get off."

BAD ASS RIGHT!!!!

STUPID SCENE KID! THE UNDERDOG WINS.

p.s Are show's always that dramatic????
    Traktor Kontrol S4/Maschine/Traktor Scratch Pro 2/Acer Aspire Notebook, Core I5 2.66 GHz-2.93/Electro/House/Older Dubstep/Glitch Hop

i feel ya
    Acer E5 i7 16GB 512SSD 2TBHD ~ WIN 10 ~ TSP 2.11 ~ AUDIO 6 ~ DUAL X1s ~ DN-X1600 ~ SPECTRA ~ TWISTER ~ ATH-PRO500 MK2 ~ ZED6FX ~ AT2020

" I’m the Dude, so that’s what you call me. That or, uh His Dudeness, or uh Duder, or El Duderino, if you’re not into the whole brevity thing. "

LOL

Yeah dude....this shit happens.

Fuck I hated unorganised clubs....

"I am playing".

"No, I am starting....XYZ said so!"

"But last week he said I should"

My response was always:

I am on now. You have a problem with that or disagree....bring the manager to me and get him to tell me to get off.
    APC80:STR8-100's+Ortofon Concorde Scratch\Electro:ButterRugz:TSP2-NI Audio4DJ:Xone22+Innofader:MacBook Pro 15"
    www.soundcloud.com/djsarasin
    www.youtube.com/adriansarasin

Yeah, deep in their hearts all DJs are little princesses. Srsly, all of us. The amount of princess-ity might vary, but it's there. Believe me.
    13,3" MacBookPro (Mid 2012) # 2x Technics 1210 # NI Audio 8 DJ # Ecler Nuo 2.0 # NI Traktor Kontrol X1 # Sennheiser HD-25
    http://soundcloud.com/vincent-lebaron/

Nothin worse, i had similar my first gig. One of the other Djs was on the mic all the time and kept trying to mess with the effects.. I'm surprised how long my patience lasted! Yeah we all have that princessy bit! its good for us to an extent
    House.

Quote Originally Posted by Roo View Post
    Nothin worse, i had similar my first gig. One of the other Djs was on the mic all the time and kept trying to mess with the effects.. I'm surprised how long my patience lasted! Yeah we all have that princessy bit! its good for us to an extent

OOOHHH FUCK!

Yeah....there was this DJ mate who would get pissed and then play with the EQ's and FX when other guys are playing.....or asking if he could mix one or 2.

Fuck I hated that.....had to tell him off one night...and the owner of the club had to give him a bit of a smack.

He was super sorry the next day and said he had seen the error of his ways!

Very Cool guy tho....only happened when he was pissed...HAHAHAA
    APC80:STR8-100's+Ortofon Concorde Scratch\Electro:ButterRugz:TSP2-NI Audio4DJ:Xone22+Innofader:MacBook Pro 15"

I think Anthony Bourdains line from Kitchen Confidential can be misappropriated here.

"Don't touch my dick, don't touch my mixer"

I also make sure I unplug and hide any mics anywhere near the mixer when I'm playing - too many 'bad boy' MCs pestering me when I'm playing.
    Traktor Scratch Pro 2/Serato SL1/Ecler NUO 3.0/VCI 100 SE/2 x Technics 1210 Mk2/Sennheiser HD25 II/Novation Dicers

The venue's gotta take the blame for this one, although it sounds like the other DJ was a bit of a dick.
    DJTT Nu Disco Mix Train Vol 1
    beats and balearic bobs in north-west london
    iTunes podcast
    soundcloud

I once had the previous dj knock the deck playing in the middle of a mix so the vinyl skipped as he was pissed I was rocking it harder than he was.

Plenty twats out there
    CLUB OF JACKS - RELEASES >>TRAXSOURCE
    Club of Jacks are a London based House & Garage production / DJ duo with releases on a number of underground labels including Plastik People Recordings, Blockhead Recordings, Hi Energy!, Pocket Jacks Trax, Soul Revolution Records and their own Club of Jacks imprint.

Yep....Drunk DJ's....fucking up and physically being pulled from the DJ box....only to leep begging the next DJ if they could spin together.

Then later trying to kick the amps and shit over....

LOL!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast