Would you guys kindly spare a moment of you time.

Default Would you guys kindly spare a moment of you time.

Well first of I'm going to say what an awesome forum you guys have here , really top notch!. I've been looking through a lot of djing sites like digitaldjtips , scratchworx and several djing videos on youtube for a while now.

So I just got my twitch and some M-audio monitors to practice some mixing.
    Music I love to spin is mostly Goa trance, But I appreciate all kinds of EDM.
    I'm practicing beatmatching at the moment by covering the bpm on serato itch.

Still not decided on a name too , I thought my real name would suffice (Ahmed AlHaji)

Any tips of advice that would help a fellow DJ?

Welcome to the forum!

Your going the right way with learning to beatmatch,
    practice lots and have fun!

2x Technics 1200's - Xone 92 -
    MidiFighter Classic x2 - TSP2 - Audio 10 - Black MacBook

Welcome
    Acer E5 i7 16GB 512SSD 2TBHD ~ WIN 10 ~ TSP 2.11 ~ AUDIO 6 ~ DUAL X1s ~ DN-X1600 ~ SPECTRA ~ TWISTER ~ ATH-PRO500 MK2 ~ ZED6FX ~ AT2020

" I’m the Dude, so that’s what you call me. That or, uh His Dudeness, or uh Duder, or El Duderino, if you’re not into the whole brevity thing. "

Welcome to the forums man! As far as advice, just PRACTICE PRACTICE PRACTICE! The more you practice, the more you'll find your way and discover new things and techniques. I also spend a lot of time studying other pro DJ's spin too and watching how they do different traditions and things.
    DJ Setup: Serato DJ/(2) Vestax V7/Ecler Nuo 2.0// Production Setup: Logic Pro 9/M-Audio i-Control/M-Audio Keystation Mini 32/NI Audio 2 DJ/13" 2.3GHz MBP 500GB HD OSX Lion/AIAIAI TMA-1/Roland TR-707//

Welcome! I'd say learn your songs, bars, beats, pharses, downbeat, outro, swing, energy etc. These are some other basics that helped me really clean up my mixing.

Not sure if anyone else mentioned it, but... PRACTICE
    The MUSIC is what matters!
    Everything else is _________

Tech Mentor

I would prefer you use Ahmed Ahji just flows from the toungue so easy and sounds cool. Iono do what you feel best.

Tech Mentor

As far as tips. If your going to use controllers, do something that seperates you from the rest. Find a niche that makes you unique. Also every one ehre says it. Practice and practice. Record your sets, Listen to them, then think about what could you do better or different. Then post some demo and get feed back from them.

Tech Mentor

learn your music! just keep listening to your music over and over.
    The more you know about your music the better you will mix.
    When i used to buy new records (vinyl) soon as i got home i would mix all of them, just to get that feel for them.