Stanton Turntable running too fast

Default Stanton Turntable running too fast

Heya.

A while back, I set out to buy a pair of used Turntables. I managed to lay my hands on a Technics SL-1200, and some Omnitronics Technics-knockoff. When I bought the Omnitronics TT, the guy who sold it threw in another belt-drive Stanton STR-50 TT (and 3 mixers) for no charge.

This Stanton TT has been standing around collecting dust for about a month now, but tonight I tried plugging it in to see if I could resell it. Lo and behold, it appears to be working. But when I put on a record I know fairly well, I notice that whilst the TT is playing the record and outputting sound without problems, the record seems to move a bit too fast. I check the strobes on the side of the platter, and it does indeed seem like the platter is sped up. I also tried decreasing the speed using the pitch fader, and managed to get to "normal speed" (record sounds right, strobes stay somewhat still) by moving the pitch fader to around -2.

So now I wonder, has anyone else had similar problems? I Googled a bit and saw a suggestion that I may be running it on 60hz power when it should be 50hz, but I really wouldn't know if that is the case. Any suggestions?
    iŽll quote you in 5 years and we both will have a good laugh while we are at this awsome dj battle on mars trying to finally beat the damned 1000 armed alien squid "dj squid master". his routines are sick!

Nobody?
    iŽll quote you in 5 years and we both will have a good laugh while we are at this awsome dj battle on mars trying to finally beat the damned 1000 armed alien squid "dj squid master". his routines are sick!

Not a turntable man myself, but someone here will be able to help.
    CDJ400s, Ecler Nuo, XD 53
    KRK RP8sFG

Tech Guru

What country are you in, and where did you buy the TT?

Quote Originally Posted by nem0nic View Post
    What country are you in, and where did you buy the TT?
    Sweden, and I bought the Turntable second-hand from some guy nearby, I have no idea where it came from in the first place.

Tech Guru

Sweden is 50hz. If I had to guess I would say this is your culprit.