Oxygen 8 knob value stuck
    Tech Wizard

Default Oxygen 8 knob value stuck

Hey all, since many of you are MIDI-inclined, I was hoping you can help me out...

I have the original Midiman Oxygen 8 and when turning my 1st knob from left to right it only sends/reads the values 83-127, instead of 0-127.

Any idea how to remedy this? Thanks in advance

I have an old school midi-man oxy8 also. Some times my lcd will shoot up for 0 -127 for no reason. I take my slide down and it does it again and again. I normally push hard on the slider and this stops. Something may be wrong with the board or knobs/fader. It sounds like you have a similar problem.

First thing I would check is, make sure that the USB is plugged in right side up. The port is really weird on mine so it easy to plug the cord in upside down. And the oxy8 will freak and my computer won’t recognize the keyboard. Hope some of this helps.

Might need to try cleaning the infected contacts on the knobs/faders with some clearning solution.

Tech Wizard

Hmm, took both of your suggestions to no avail

But, I was bored and decided to open it up. And (forgive me if I don't know the proper terminology) I found this crack on the board the knob was on:

Don't know anything about this, but I'm thinking this is what is causing the problem. Oh well, I guess I'll just use this knob as a toggle switch or something.

Thanks all...

... and when BentoSan says cleaner, he means fader cleaner/lube. Yes, such a thing exists:

http://store.caig.com/s.nl/sc.2/category.293/.f

Probably old hat to the turntablist crew, but news to me!

Quote Originally Posted by Fatlimey View Post
    ... and when BentoSan says cleaner, he means fader cleaner/lube. Yes, such a thing exists:

http://store.caig.com/s.nl/sc.2/category.293/.f

Probably old hat to the turntablist crew, but news to me!

Thats da stuff !