cheap-cheapo add-on dvs controller
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tech Wizard

Default cheap-cheapo add-on dvs controller

Current setup: 2 well-used tech 1200 mk2s, denon x120 mixer, traktor scratch duo 2 (audio 6)

I've been mixing my college parties for a few weeks now with this (which is absurdly easy; just keep the tempo up, the booze takes care of the rest). I have a semi-real gig coming up in less than a month now (bar gig for a friends bday).

I would really really like to be able to incorporate some effects/filters to spice up my sets a bit more, considering they're all uptempo electro sets with the occasional eq tweak to make things (slightly) more interesting.

I love knobs (the x120 knobs feel great), and I'm looking for a cheapo controller with some knobs for me to twist and turn and abuse. If it breaks in a couple months I could care less (i'm still looking for my solder to try and fix an lpd8; only thing is i hate those knobs)). I just need something that costs less than 100, ideally around 50-60. Like an original korg minikontrol or whatever the one with knobs and such is called or an maudio xsession on the cheap. I just want some nice tall knobs to grab.

anybody have one they like, or a good mod for an lpd8 assuming i can fix it?

Tech Guru

jst change the knobs.
    pop them off and put some taller ones on. its a popular mod
    Hardware: Akai Max49, Maschine, Equator D5 monitors, Saffire Pro 14
    Software: Logic, Maschine
    My Neighbors Listen to House Music.. Because They Have To.

https://www.pssl.com/Torq-Mix-Lab-Co...orq-LE-Package
    32 bucks shipped to my door in America! Great deal!

behringer bcr2000,,, u can never go wrong. led rings around the knobs. the whole 9 yards.

found the lowest price for u too

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/produc...ontroller.html
    "Be RANDOM to get NOTICED" -ellaskins

Olny problem is that the BCR2000 is huge - it's not really going to be an effective part of a DJ/turntablist set-up.

I'd say repair the LPD8 and put some taller knobs on it - that way you have knobs to mash effects with, and some pads to play around with cue points/samples.
    Dell Studio XPS 1645 | TSP 2.6 | Kontrol S4 | Audio 6 | HDJ-1000 | Alto PAM5A

or an x1, or a xone k2. thats what i would get if i were him. LPD8 would be for cue point juggling i think.
    "Be RANDOM to get NOTICED" -ellaskins

Quote Originally Posted by bmwnutfrombirth View Post
    https://www.pssl.com/Torq-Mix-Lab-Co...orq-LE-Package
    32 bucks shipped to my door in America! Great deal!
    This is probably the greatest find I've seen in ages.
    apc40 | ableton | ath-sj33
    deviantART | SoundCloud | facebook
    SKRILLEX IS THE BEST TECHNO DJ EVER!!! (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Quote Originally Posted by DJ_Pabloco View Post
    or an x1, or a xone k2. thats what i would get if i were him. LPD8 would be for cue point juggling i think.
    agreed the k2 is probably ideal - but a) it's not yet released and b) it's more like 300$ so not quite within his 50 to 60 ballpark

a 2nd hand x1 is a good idea tho - the prices of those seem to be going down...

the bcr2000 does look like quite a beast size wise.

that torq mix lab offer is a bit of a bargain tho! you could afford to chuck it away after a few gigs at that price also an almost perfect controller for what the OP was after...
    11mba / 13mbp / tsp2 / live9 / audio10 / 2x reloop rp7000gold / 2x xdj1000 / 2x d2
    maschine mk2 / x1 mk2 / z1 / f1 / midifighter / lpd8 / 2x launchpad / launchkontrol xl
    Quote Originally Posted by derschaich
    "wohoo, i'm touched, turn on the FX"

the denon serato controller isn't a bad addon, and those go cheap on ebay

Tech Wizard

yeah looked at the bcr, also akai mpd series or a trigger finger but like someone else said, they're pretty huge to fit into my setup. I like the size of the denon, and might switch back to serato if i have the money (I live right outside nyc, it's pretty much the standard). I am looking at the k2 down the road (maybe learn ableton/bridge?), which is why i don't mind something that's pretty much throwaway. and I'd fix that damn lpd today if i could find my soldering iron!

but that torq deal...might have to do that considering id almost got a cheap one for dicking around back b4 i knew how cool vinyl could be...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast