So i got offered mint condition technics today...
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default So i got offered mint condition technics today...

This is the speel i got from the guy,

They are the black SL1210 Mk2, they have been fully serviced regularly and I have replaced the old crap phono leads with sound lab studio leads. There is two Ortofon concorde Dj S Cartridges and one Ortofon Concorde Scratch cartridge as a spare, they are mint, complete with MAW slipmats and the original clear plastic lids.
    Along with a pick at 90% of his vinyl.

Dont know much about the prices of technics so this is where the UK users come in handy here.

To save hassle for the pair of us i offered up my CDJ 800mk2 and he said he would get back to me, i paid £600 for the CDJs.

I seen a single Technic (mint condition, i wouldnt consider anything else) go on ebay the other day for £230 but it was £30 postage

Went to go and see them today and they are in proper mint condition, not a scratch on them, had a shot for about 20 minutes and they are honestly like new,

I really want these but not sure if im ripping myself off or not,

Halp ?!
    DJM800 | 2xCDJ2000 | RMX1000 | Adidas HD25's
    2011 MBP | Traktor 2.6 | Kontrol S4 | Scratch Live | SL2
    Mac Pro | Ableton | Access Virus C | Maschine
    Facebook || Soundcloud || Twitter

Tech Mentor

You can't rip yourself off with technics only rip it up..how much was he asking?

Btw Maw slip mats tis a done deal

Before Technics got discontinued you could pick up a pair for around £300 but since the discontinuation your looking at around £300 (bad condition) - £1000 for mk5gs.

For the Techs alone id be happy to pay £400 for a mint set. How much vinyl is he offering you?

Btw the Americans on the site might tell you lower prices cause you can pick up Techs over there for super dirt cheap.

I'd say that is a pretty fair trade. And honestly, it's one I'd personally make.

CDJ-400 and CDJ-800's go for about the same price as a Technics deck, with the higher end TT's coming out higher in price actually. So if you were/are able to make a trade, I'd say it's a fair deal.

What it comes down to is you wanting to work with a specific format. Be it vinyl and DVS, or CD and DVS.
    BREAKBEATS AND OTHER MUSICAL ADVENTURES
    Facebook - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Mixlr - Twitter

I'd say 800's for 1210's is a good deal, specially since the needles themselves are normally about an extra $150 tacked on.

Seems good to me too m8

Tech Wizard

I would jump on that in a second, mint 1210's are only going up in value while your 800's will only be going down.
    13" Core I7 MBP - Kontrol S4 - Midi Fighter - RP-DJ1200 - BX8a

Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by dominant View Post
    I would jump on that in a second, mint 1210's are only going up in value while your 800's will only be going down.
    What he said ^

God forbid you need to punt them, but if you do, at least you'll get your dough back and more probably.

Quote Originally Posted by dominant View Post
    Exactly, 800s gonna date, 1210s are gonna age like fine wine
    CLUB OF JACKS - RELEASES >>TRAXSOURCE
    Club of Jacks are a London based House & Garage production / DJ duo with releases on a number of underground labels including Plastik People Recordings, Blockhead Recordings, Hi Energy!, Pocket Jacks Trax, Soul Revolution Records and their own Club of Jacks imprint.

Jesus, I'm glad I got mine before they were discontinued ... paid £250 for a pair with a shitty mixer whanged into the deal as well. Nice to know they're worth ~£800 now
    Traktor Scratch Pro 2/Serato SL1/Ecler NUO 3.0/VCI 100 SE/2 x Technics 1210 Mk2/Sennheiser HD25 II/Novation Dicers

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast