Newbie Question. No audio in Traktor recordings?
    Tech Convert

Default Newbie Question. No audio in Traktor recordings?

Hi,

I'm just getting started learning to DJ. The site has been a big help so far. I've been reading and watching a ton of youtube clips on things like setting beat grids, keyed mixes, beat matching, etc.

I purchased the Traktor Kontrol S2 based on some reviews and a recommendation from a friend. I really dig it so far, and I think things are coming along nicely as far as learning. Today I was playing around with a mix and I liked the way things were coming together so I wanted to give recording it a shot, and that's where I encountered a problem.

I'm using Traktor Pro (the bundled software that came with my S2) and a MacBook Air. This is my only hardware (except for the in-ear monitors I'm listening through.) All of my settings are the defaults. I haven't changed inputs/outputs, etc.

Is it possible to record my mixes with this setup? The output files I'm getting are just empty .wav's. Do I need to change a setting, or is it necessary to invest in an external soundcard? Also, if you see any other large gaps in my setup (hardware or software wise) I'd appreciate recommendations! Thanks

The record button should record the output, you could even see the progress info how much is recorded during the session -- do you see that info?

Tech Convert

I saw the counter, and I got output files (timestamped .wavs) but they are silent. Doesn't seem to have actually recorded anything to them.

Tech Convert

Okay, I think I figured it out. The default value seems to have been external recording source. When I set it to internal, it is now working. Stupid question. Thanks a lot for your help anyway.

^ i hate that
    Acer E5 i7 16GB 512SSD 2TBHD ~ WIN 10 ~ TSP 2.11 ~ AUDIO 6 ~ DUAL X1s ~ DN-X1600 ~ SPECTRA ~ TWISTER ~ ATH-PRO500 MK2 ~ ZED6FX ~ AT2020

" I’m the Dude, so that’s what you call me. That or, uh His Dudeness, or uh Duder, or El Duderino, if you’re not into the whole brevity thing. "