Oh why did i get this controller
    Tech Mentor

Default Oh why did i get this controller

Frustrated that I have been unable to buy an inexpensive controller I decided to try to go with a relatively cheap controller, the Stanton SCS3. However I was a bit dismayed that the software was download only. No big deal.

Until the URLs are all broken. Going to the forums I was able to get to get to registration page, but still I have not gotten the download links for the drivers or the mappings.

Further their phone support is only 9a-6p and only M-F.

I should have just gotten the S2!

Rant over...

The scs.3d? I would prefer their scs.1d more any day. But I hear Stanton's not very good at keeping their website up-to-date. :/
    apc40 | ableton | ath-sj33
    deviantART | SoundCloud | facebook
    SKRILLEX IS THE BEST TECHNO DJ EVER!!! (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Quote Originally Posted by Onimode View Post
    The scs.3d? I would prefer their scs.1d more any day.
    This.
    RSTRCTD | twitter | facebook (RSTRCTD) facebook (LJ) | vimeo | pinterest | my studio | soundcloud (RSTRCTD)| soundcloud (LJ)
    -- CHECK our DEBUT (DEEP)HOUSE EP RELEASE ON BEATPORT "RSTRCTD - EXISTENCE" --

Quote Originally Posted by tekki View Post
    This.
    iDunno, the SCS3d got some fairly good grades over at Skratchworx, seems like you can use it for some pretty cool stuff, and it's cheap as hell.
    iŽll quote you in 5 years and we both will have a good laugh while we are at this awsome dj battle on mars trying to finally beat the damned 1000 armed alien squid "dj squid master". his routines are sick!

i have two scs.3d's and i think they're pretty cool... i can upload SCS3_DaRouter1.1.38.exe to my server if u want it. i can't see stanton minding. i bought mine second hand so didn't download the free traktor LE, plus i already had tp2 anyway.

btw i've coded functionality into my midimasher that replaces what darouter does and some extra stuff. you can even have spinning leds 'cdj style' on the scs.3d's if you want

i don't think you've made a bad choice of controller at all. do you have the scs.3m as well?
    11mba / 13mbp / tsp2 / live9 / audio10 / 2x reloop rp7000gold / 2x xdj1000 / 2x d2
    maschine mk2 / x1 mk2 / z1 / f1 / midifighter / lpd8 / 2x launchpad / launchkontrol xl
    Quote Originally Posted by derschaich
    "wohoo, i'm touched, turn on the FX"

Tech Mentor

Well had was the appropriate term. I was able to find posted on some forums DaRouter and was able to finally work out a good mapping in my demo TP2.

Being that the last time I did any external mixing, it was on CD's and wax before that. I was missing the tactile feel of platters, and the area for control on the SCS3m was too narrow for my fingers. I just felt uncomfortable playing around with them.

So I ended up taking them back this AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ParisCreative View Post
    Well had was the appropriate term. I was able to find posted on some forums DaRouter and was able to finally work out a good mapping in my demo TP2.

Being that the last time I did any external mixing, it was on CD's and wax before that. I was missing the tactile feel of platters, and the area for control on the SCS3m was too narrow for my fingers. I just felt uncomfortable playing around with them.

So I ended up taking them back this AM.
    ah ok sure. i think they're great controllers but not a real substitute for actual jogs etc. personally i prefer movey/slidey things for mixing and actual jogs - but the scs.3d's make an awesome addition for controlling stuff like effects and extra decks.
    11mba / 13mbp / tsp2 / live9 / audio10 / 2x reloop rp7000gold / 2x xdj1000 / 2x d2
    maschine mk2 / x1 mk2 / z1 / f1 / midifighter / lpd8 / 2x launchpad / launchkontrol xl
    Quote Originally Posted by derschaich
    "wohoo, i'm touched, turn on the FX"