Help With Effects on VCM 600 & Ableton
    Tech Student

Default Help With Effects on VCM 600 & Ableton

SO....

Using VCM-600 and Ableton 8

Basically when I've Midi Mapped on/off for each of my effects in an Track, the VCM is turning the effect on/off for ALL of the tracks that use this effect.

Obviously when I want to be able to turn on/off my effects in individual tracks and not effect other tracks.

Then after I've turned the effect on....

Can I scroll my Blue Hand Symbol around on my effects so I can choose which effect I am able to use my 8 knobs?

I hope thats clear...I've had trouble finding a simple way to figure this out. I am pretty new to Midi Mapping stuff.

THANKS SO MUCH

As far as it turning all of them on/off…it seems like you mapped something wrong. Without your .als file, IHNFC how I'd help you.

As for what your effects section can control…it controls the selected device. The best way to use it IMHO is to let it do that and put everything in an audio effect rack. Then, what you need to do is map some controls on the device to "device select", which is done by clicking the title bar of a device and then pressing the button you want to use while in midi map/learn mode.

Tech Wizard

Mostapha, so let me get this straight, I was using the vcm 600 for some time, but now its kind of been idle for a bit. I always thought i could use those 8 knobs and bottons to control one rack. There is a way to switch effect racks on the fly and use the knobs to control the macros or parmeters?

Jean shorts, there is no reason your effects should be effecting more then one channel of audio unless you put said effects on your master channel. Its been awile but for me it was always when knob was in 0 position effect was off, move it to 1 and the effect came on and started with "wet/dry" or something i wanted to play with. As i turned the effect would change. Hope that makes a little sense it saved CPU when not using effect.