mounts like spacetek for cdjs or controllers - feedback?
    Tech Guru

Default mounts like spacetek for cdjs or controllers - feedback?

Was recently looking for mounts for cdjs, etc and was pretty sticker shocked by some of the prices out there for parts that were little more than a sheet of metal.

As those of you who may have noticed my desk, i used alot of vesa-style mounts to give me some flexibility with moving the gear up and down.

A friend of mine was able to produce a custom sized cdj holder and I'd be curious what you guys think as far as usefulness, price as well as any feedback on how improve on something like this? The idea is that this can basically fit on any holes that are vesa-compatible and should hold pretty steady when placed right.

This was made to be a more lightweight and flexible version of spacetek + odyssey similar models..

Feedback would be much appreciated.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/200659713451...fvi%3D1&_rdc=1

Thnx
    Kevin

I like it.. Sent him a few questions about it as I'm looking for a table mount version of this.
    Tre Tuna
    DJ and Recording and Mixing engineer for live and studio sound
    Traktor Pro 2.7.1 | MacBook Pro Core 2 Duo 2.5ghz 4gigs ram
    Stanton STR8-150s | Ortofon Q-Bert Carts
    NI Z2, F1, Machine MK I, RigKontrol 3 | Dicers | PadKontrol

Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by TreTuna View Post
    I like it.. Sent him a few questions about it as I'm looking for a table mount version of this.
    Just received the prototype today and it looks nice and sturdy.. whats nice about it is that it should attach flush to a wood backing or a wall because it has a flat/flush mount piece. He also sells these little swivel thingies that can be attached to a wall that you can mount it on which is pretty cool.

Will post some pics once I get it mounted to show some possibilities.

Tech Guru

here's a few shots of cdj900 on this tray.. it basically attaches any surface the size of a standard VESA mount and is flat so it could go on a wall (tho I'd suggest his little swivel mount for that). Solid yet light. He's willing to make modifications as this is just a prototype.

Its very flexible as far as what it holds - For example, it fits a controller the size of a twitch perfectly so it could serve as a general dj controller stand/shelf. Just need to make room for the headphone jacks.

Pioneer efx unit sits perfectly on it.

4 midifighters sit perfect on it.

4 x1s sit perfect on it.

macbook sits well on it.

Any feedback or suggestions?