Behringer CMD PL-1
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tech Mentor

Default Behringer CMD PL-1

hey guys

about one year ago i changed my setup from an s4 to a xone 92 and 2 x1s.
    im almost completely happy like this but i miss the jogwheels (just for seeking through tracks to find the right positions for cue-points, not for scrathing or anything like that). so im looking for a small controler (about the size of an x1) with a mappable jogwheel.
    has anyone had any experience with the behringer cmd pl-1?
    or do you have any other suggestion for a not too expensive controller that fits my needs?

thanks for your help

the behringer PL-1 has not been released yet. Reloop contour or Denon DNSC2000 would be good for what you want. If your in the UK I have a contour for sale cheap. ( shamless plug )
    It's not the gear. It's how you use it.
    limitations are the source of creativity.
    If you don't practice you don't want it.

http://soundcloud.com/zimfella

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by zimfella View Post
    the behringer PL-1 has not been released yet. Reloop contour or Denon DNSC2000 would be good for what you want. If your in the UK I have a contour for sale cheap. ( shamless plug )
    oh shame i didnt get that it has not been released yet, thanks for the update

i'm not a big fan of reloop (friend of mine who uses a reloop mk2 had it replaced twice because the buttons broke).
    the denon looks nice, any experience with it?

DJTT Mapping Ninja Moderator Stewe's Avatar

Denon DN-SC2000 will do the job but PL=1 is cooler - more physical controls and four layer MIDI.

I mapped my x1 rotaries to act like jog wheels. Fast and slow mode with shift and buttons for beat jumping along the track. But I hear you on missing jogs
    CLUB OF JACKS - RELEASES >>TRAXSOURCE
    Club of Jacks are a London based House & Garage production / DJ duo with releases on a number of underground labels including Plastik People Recordings, Blockhead Recordings, Hi Energy!, Pocket Jacks Trax, Soul Revolution Records and their own Club of Jacks imprint.

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by MaxOne View Post
    I mapped my x1 rotaries to act like jog wheels. Fast and slow mode with shift and buttons for beat jumping along the track. But I hear you on missing jogs
    Yeah I thought about that but i need the encoders for track selcting... Or how do you do that?

Quote Originally Posted by Volpe View Post
    Yeah I thought about that but i need the encoders for track selcting... Or how do you do that?
    In the manual, use the cursor keys (up and down) and load into deck A and B, hold shift press left cursor, right cursor to load into decks respectively.
    Bit of a pain when trying to go through loads of tracks in a playlist mind you. That's when I use the rotary on the X1, but that defeats the point eh?

(just for seeking through tracks to find the right positions for cue-points, not for scrathing or anything like that).
    Do you not use 'Shift+browse rotary' for scrubbing through a track quickly? not as precise as a jog mind you.

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by deckard26354 View Post
    Do you not use 'Shift+browse rotary' for scrubbing through a track quickly? not as precise as a jog mind you.
    Yeah thats what bothers me. I always need to use the mouse to seek the right positions and since that is not as precise either i want a jog... Guess i will just have to wait for behringer to release the pl-1...

Yeah thats what bothers me. I always need to use the mouse to seek the right positions and since that is not as precise either i want a jog... Guess i will just have to wait for behringer to release the pl-1...
    Be prepared to wait. From what ive read in another thread they have only just gone in to production. Not sure on the time gap between production and being on the shelves but im sure its months rather than weeks.

That said I feel this controller will be well worth the wait!!
    MacBook Pro, HD25's, Midi-Fighter Classic, Pioneer DDJ-RX , Rekordbox

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast