Hello! New.

Thread: Hello! New.

Default Hello! New.

Hello! My name is Trevor, and I am trying to become a DJ. I listen to electro/house/dub/dnb daily, and figured it's about time I start producing / mixing. I am from San Jose, CA. As far as equipment, I have a Hercules Mp3 e2 (lols), may be getting a spk mini midi controller off of a buddy of mine, a MacBook Pro, and VDJ 7. As far as my knowledge, I know pretty much nothing. I hope I will learn a lot from this forum, and hopefully become a good DJ.

I suppose my first question is, How do I get started?
    Last edited by theofficialtevo; 10-16-2011 at 06:21 PM.

Tech Wizard

Look at the FAQ and theres a STicky in The general disq Fourm that ansewers alot of questionhttp://www.djtechtools.com/forum/showthread.php?t=3545
    I Don't Wan To Go The Ocean ... Thers King Fish Out Derr Man

Quote Originally Posted by JoseIglesMusic View Post
    Look at the FAQ and theres a STicky in The general disq Fourm that ansewers alot of questionhttp://www.djtechtools.com/forum/showthread.php?t=3545

Alright, I'll check it out. Thanks!

There is a ton of good info in the blog articles that goes back a few years, YouTube has some good tutorials (check out Ellaskins), read the manuals for your software, when you have a question use the forum search function as most beginner questions have been asked and answered already.

Welcome to DJTT!

Tech Mentor

hi. you'll love it here. there's loads of regular posters, all throwing generally interesting topics out and giving help with abundance. I personally end up having a look in all the forums which is an acception exclusive to DJTT compared to other forums and this seems common with other users habits which is nice too
    2 x Technics 1210's (mk3's), Xone 62, Denon 3500, TSP2, Traktor Kontrol S4, Midifighter, Macbook pro