Spotify playlist thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

Default Spotify playlist thread

Here's a classic house playlist I started with inspiration from the rave trhead

http://open.spotify.com/user/photojo...7VeHkDo3qeZJhf

General playlist with a bunch of different stuff on it. Best listened to in shuffle mode.

http://open.spotify.com/user/photojo...dpzvhW5XKmg8KN
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x

Cool, thanks for sharing!

Will listen to it ASAP when I get home from work

http://open.spotify.com/user/l3cko/p...RXX8TA9IeDObr9

Load of random stuff, best on shuffle
    MacBook Pro 15" 2.0GHZ i7. Kontrol S4. Traktor Scratch Pro 2.5. MidiFighter Classic. Aiaiai TMA-1.

DJTT Moderator bloke Karlos Santos's Avatar

Ok so ive joined Spotify... not sure about its usefulness other than for reading other peoples playlists (Photojojos playlist was the reason).

Where are the tunes played from..? If my laptop is not online are the tracks unplayable.

Anyone had issues with iTunes since joining Spotify?

The FAQ is a bit rubbish and mixed up so i thought id get answers from the people i respect (you lot).

Quote Originally Posted by Karlos Santos View Post
    Ok so ive joined Spotify... not sure about its usefulness other than for reading other peoples playlists (Photojojos playlist was the reason).

Where are the tunes played from..? If my laptop is not online are the tracks unplayable.

Anyone had issues with iTunes since joining Spotify?

The FAQ is a bit rubbish and mixed up so i thought id get answers from the people i respect (you lot).
    Spotify streams tunes from 'the cloud' (and also lists stuff in your iTunes)

A free account lets you play each spotify tune 5 (?) times, and you get the odd advert every few tunes, to pay for it all.

If you upgrade to a pro account for a tenner you can listen offline, and stream to a phone.

Erm,

That's it.
    Traktor Scratch Pro 2/Serato SL1/Ecler NUO 3.0/VCI 100 SE/2 x Technics 1210 Mk2/Sennheiser HD25 II/Novation Dicers

Quote Originally Posted by Sherlock Ohms View Post
    If you upgrade to a pro account for a tenner you can listen offline, and stream to a phone.
    Tenner a month right?
    CLUB OF JACKS - RELEASES >>TRAXSOURCE
    Club of Jacks are a London based House & Garage production / DJ duo with releases on a number of underground labels including Plastik People Recordings, Blockhead Recordings, Hi Energy!, Pocket Jacks Trax, Soul Revolution Records and their own Club of Jacks imprint.

Oh, and I've made (ok, am making) a playlist of all the tracks mentioned in this

they're in order (ish) so it's basically a whopping list of tunes documenting Jamaican music culture from the late 40's R&B, via ska, rocksteady, and reggae up to the 90's dancehall.

http://open.spotify.com/user/teiresi...RWwZXOTIRtRHGQ
    Traktor Scratch Pro 2/Serato SL1/Ecler NUO 3.0/VCI 100 SE/2 x Technics 1210 Mk2/Sennheiser HD25 II/Novation Dicers

Quote Originally Posted by MaxOne View Post
    Tenner a month right?
    Yup - think there might be an intermediate level which removed the limit and ads, but you don't get mobile streaming (which is what I wanted)

DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

What Ohms said. No problem with iTunes whatsoever. I mostly got it to stream on demand whatever I wanted (as long as it's in their library) from my phone and computers. If your laptop has the songs they'll play from there, if not they stream over the interwebz. If you pay the tenner a month you can make playlists available offline where they'll download and be accessible even if you're offline. You can do this both on your phone and laptop.
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x

so.. I'm from the same country as the inventors of the service, been getting real big over here in sweden last 2 years, in the beginning it was free, you could listen unlimited time and there is a hell lot of recordcompanies thats signed to them.
    Now they charge, but you get better quality on the audiostream (they say most are 320/kbit)
    Without premium it's 192kbit. I think it really hit because so much music available so fast, in higher resolution at a stable platform.
    Although it's still the bigger recordcompanies like warner music that makes the fat money meanwhile artist get a bad % of the share. Even if the record company didnt produce the music(a non-specific boss at warner only made 1,3 million dollars last year, and apparently that wasn't enough for him to have job that doesnt make any sense and shouldnt exist). It's weird.. companies have rights to a artist music even 70 years after the guy is dead.
    Things like this that makes me not wanna pay for their services.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast