Possible CDJ's? - Page 5
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Possible CDJ's?

Quote Originally Posted by JazZmutant View Post
    I use a laptop full time now and i NEVER have the thing set up between me and the crowd. I just have it off to the side and I have my controllers in front of me. Ill only look at it when im selecting tunes, checking elapsed time and checking that parameters are as thy should be.
    Sounds familiar.

If I manage to find the mixer-like controller I'm looking for and get Traktor's master meter to output to LEDs the way I want it to…I'll only have to look at the laptop once every few minutes.

I really should just break down and buy the mixer I want…I just don't have $3,000.

I think its important to get a cdj with modern usb function.

Quantize is somthing subtle if you ask me.

Its funny, because for some reason I had this idea that made me feel pressure to not be using snap and quantize inside of traktor but now on the CDJs is an apparent reason to raise the price of a product.

Also,

I have cdj 800mkII and i dont find a problem using manual loop, auto loop sucks.

I think alot of the "bad timing" problems comes from the person reaction time and distance their fingers are from their buttons on the player.

Yes I do have to adjust the phrase every 5-10 seconds and can't tweet while i'm in mid loop, but its definitely doable.
    DJM900||CDJ800MKII(2)||PDX 2000(2)||Yamaha HS50M(2)||Yorkville YSS2||Macbook||Traktor 2

http://soundcloud.com/ryanleomusic/

Tech Mentor

how about the djtech usolo-e? I've been considering it. Dirt cheap, i can beatmatch, scratch a little, loop a little, fx a little, and work off usb. its probably midi compliant as well. Any opinions? I know you all have a prejudice against sketchy brands, but its an utterly basic piece of kit, and got a good scratchworx review...so i mean.. maybe?
    I AM A DISK JERKER

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345