Audio Setup, Questions, and Advice

Default Audio Setup, Questions, and Advice

Whats going on everyone. I need some help. I just bought 2 peavey pr 12's. http://www.zzounds.com/item--PEVPR12N but the dumbass that I am, didn't realize that they were unpowered cabinets. So my question is should I buy a power amp or sell them and buy a set up similar to B52 Matrix 1000. http://www.audiolines.com/product.php?productid=13704 . If i should buy a power amp. which one? I'm pretty new to all this audio stuff so some help would be greatly appreciated.

Tech Wizard

I myself prefer un-powered speakers. I like being able to have all my amplifiers in a road case, right next to a power conditioner. The biggest benefit i have found with this setup is I only have to find one outlet. The other thing I like about the outboard amplifier is when you blow something up you only have to replace the part you wrecked. The best thing about powered speakers is the amp is matched to the speaker for optimum performance. If you choose to buy an external amplifier the usual rule of thumb is to buy the biggest amp you can afford. Turning down the volume and running an amp at 75% is far preferable to cranking up a smaller one to 11 all the time.
    DVS setup: Traktor Scratch Pro, 2 X Denon DPDJ-101, Numark DXM06, Novation Dicer, Compaq Presario F750CA, Audio 8DJ
    Controller setup: Traktor Scratch Pro, 2 X Denon DN-SC2000, Denon DN120X, Compaq Presario F750CA, Audio 2DJ,

Crown and QSC amps have never let me down.

if you have a GC in you town go check out what they have in stock, I have 3 Peavey amp and there pretty good.
    Controllerist: Think different | SoundCloud | MixCloud | Twitter |

thanks guys. this audio stuff is 10x more confusing than traktor or djing in general for me. so i might buy an amp if no one is going to buy these speakers from me. it says it handles 200w-400w each so should i get a amp w/ 500w? or more? and whats a good price for a 500w amp? a used one. maybe $200?

Tech Wizard

Qsc Rmx 2450