Live Twitch Translator

Default Live Twitch Translator

I have mixed emotions

http://youtu.be/eLbibADLa80

Tech Convert

I agree, I'm not sure quite how I feel about this.

All the function comes from the user's ability in mapping Ableton live, the only unique feature I see the hardware offering are the touch strips.

Although, it does look like a very playable, DJ type interface for Live users.

only seems worth using if you own max/msp and so then can mess with what it's doing. other than that surely it's pretty much just passing midi data between it's in and out ports? the twitch has a pretty good midi implementation anyway - and 2 modes of operation - so not sure that this would add to that by default.
    11mba / 13mbp / tsp2 / live9 / audio10 / 2x reloop rp7000gold / 2x xdj1000 / 2x d2
    maschine mk2 / x1 mk2 / z1 / f1 / midifighter / lpd8 / 2x launchpad / launchkontrol xl
    Quote Originally Posted by derschaich
    "wohoo, i'm touched, turn on the FX"

I understand this was meant to be more of a "ableton compatible" controller than a straight "ableton solution" but I was hoping for something a bit..... well I guess better? I'm not even entirely sure what this translator does.

From the Novation website:
    "The purpose of this software is to receive ‘raw’ MIDI messages generated by the TWITCH hardware and ‘translate’ them into MIDI messages that can be learned to parameters in Ableton Live."
    WTH is "raw" MIDI?

Tech Convert

So I found this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xbLmezwbijA

Starting to get a bit more intrigued.

Yes that was the first video I saw when I heard the news. It seems this controller favors effects control more than clip launching and Edison has been mostly a clip/drum racks sort of guy from what I've seen. Still it's interesting to see how this controller has affected his style for this video. I'd like to see him use this with one of his monome lunchboxes