Traktor Scratch Pro 2 With Hercules Deejay trim 4&6?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tech Convert

Default Traktor Scratch Pro 2 With Hercules Deejay trim 4&6?

Yes, I have read in many other forums and posts that traktor scratch pro 2 w/ timecode is only compatible with NI sound cards but I also heard this about the frst traktor scratch pro which i currently run timecode on using my hercules deejay trim 4&6. I was using a friends computer who had traktor scratch pro 2 with my hercules to see if i could get the timecode working. In input routing it says that it is picking up signals/sound from the inputs but i cant get the scratch function to work. If anyone has any clues as to if this can be fixed please let me know, thanks

Pretty sure it's gotta be NI certified hardware :-/ . There are WAYS with a few sound cards (pretty sure against TOS on here to post links), but it's pretty roundabout/shoddy and you're just better off getting an NI card. Been seeing mint ADJ4's on eBay for $100. I currently use the 4 and I love it
    When we all make music, the God Spirit travels out of our bodies and we become one with each other. And for just a second, there is no war, greed, or hate in the world, just music, the celebration of life. (and usually a party, which is good too!)

Use the soundcard you got when you puchased scratch pro. sorted.
    Acer E5 i7 16GB 512SSD 2TBHD ~ WIN 10 ~ TSP 2.11 ~ AUDIO 6 ~ DUAL X1s ~ DN-X1600 ~ SPECTRA ~ TWISTER ~ ATH-PRO500 MK2 ~ ZED6FX ~ AT2020

" I’m the Dude, so that’s what you call me. That or, uh His Dudeness, or uh Duder, or El Duderino, if you’re not into the whole brevity thing. "

Quote Originally Posted by Jester.NZ View Post
    hehehehe

I can't possibly see *what* you're implying here ...
    Traktor Scratch Pro 2/Serato SL1/Ecler NUO 3.0/VCI 100 SE/2 x Technics 1210 Mk2/Sennheiser HD25 II/Novation Dicers

thats karlos's job
    Acer E5 i7 16GB 512SSD 2TBHD ~ WIN 10 ~ TSP 2.11 ~ AUDIO 6 ~ DUAL X1s ~ DN-X1600 ~ SPECTRA ~ TWISTER ~ ATH-PRO500 MK2 ~ ZED6FX ~ AT2020

" I’m the Dude, so that’s what you call me. That or, uh His Dudeness, or uh Duder, or El Duderino, if you’re not into the whole brevity thing. "

You could always just use a DVS that doesn't have these silly hardware restrictions. e.g. Torq, VDJ, xwax, Mixxx, Ms Pinky, whatever...
    The xwax Thread! - The minimal open source DVS for Linux!
    Reddit's /r/DJs! - Another great DJ community!

DJTT Moderator bloke Karlos Santos's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Delusional View Post
    Yes, I have read in many other forums and posts that traktor scratch pro 2 w/ timecode is only compatible with NI sound cards but I also heard this about the frst traktor scratch pro which i currently run timecode on using my hercules deejay trim 4&6. I was using a friends computer who had traktor scratch pro 2 with my hercules to see if i could get the timecode working. In input routing it says that it is picking up signals/sound from the inputs but i cant get the scratch function to work. If anyone has any clues as to if this can be fixed please let me know, thanks
    TSP only "Officially" works with NI Audio cards and Certified Mixers.
    DJTT ethics (not my ethics) are that we do not provide help to people using cracked (copied/shared/torrent/borrowed) software. That Is Not An Accusation. But being the Traktor expert i am i know that it is not possible to own TSP unless you have bought a Certified mixer or bought it with an NI card so... It looks to be evident that you are using an illegal version of Traktor , no matter what the source (copied/shared/torrent/borrowed) as you state "the first Traktor Scratch Pro" meaning a TSP version previous to a certain build were a loophole could be abused to enable timecode with any soundcard.

+1

thats karlos's job
    LOL...

Tech Convert

Seeing as my girlfriend ran over my backpack with her truck (destroying my soundcard and laptop at the time) it would be hard to use the one that came with my purchased version of tsp. after that i decided to get the hercules because of the significant price difference and then my technologically inclined friend who got me into djing helped me get everthing set up. that being said it looks like ill need to get an NI card. any advice on where to find a cheap one besides ebay? didnt have a lot of luck there

Look for an Audio 4. Not in production anymore but i couldn't recommend one more. Works with TSP if you dont own an 8,6 or 10.

DJTT Moderator bloke Karlos Santos's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Delusional View Post
    but I also heard this about the frst traktor scratch pro which i currently run timecode on using my hercules deejay trim 4&6.
    I trust that you will update your legit version of Traktor when you get an NI card then..? You must be on 1.2.X for the timecode hack to work. Thats a pretty old version.

The Audio 4 is a great card.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast