Good DJ headphones? - Page 2
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Senheisser hd25
    Audio technica ath50m

Try these
    Setup:

Traktor Pro 2 / S2 MK2 / X1 MK2 / Audio6 / Pioneer HDJ2000 / Westone UM3X / rMBP 13 inch 2014 (2.8 GHz) / Focal Alpha 50

go buy hi-end stuff (hd25s is my vote btw).... do not waste money on cheap headphones.
    DJ Blofeld - The Evil Genius
    I shall look forward personally to exterminating you, Mr. Bond.” Ernst Stavro Blofeld to 007
    Doomsday device: TRAKTOR SCRATCH PRO, AUDIO 8, VCI-100black 1.3, 2x Technics SL1210mkII

Search the forums buddy, there are hundreds of threads about this topic.

Anyway if cash is not a problem, then there are quite a few cans out there that are "good".

The HDJ 2000's I can swear by as I have them and love them. The HD 25's and TMA's are also excellent. Other ones to look put for are the Ultrasones, Denons. and Sony's.
    2013 MBPr 13" | X1 mk2 | TSP 2 | A6 | DJM 900 nexus | HD 25 UBER Aluminum's | Technics sl1210 mk2's | Logic Pro 9

My HD-25s survived a car wreck that took out my macbook and my iPod that were in the same bag as them, put me in a trauma ward, and totaled the car. The HD-25s needed a new user-replaceable headband. And they're right here next to me…almost 5 years after the wreck. And they weren't that new when the wreck happened.

If you can't afford $200 on a pair of headphones, buy a pair of Sony MDR-V6. They're the same as the 7506 with a red sticker instead of a blue one that say "Digital" instead of "Professional." Electrically, they're supposed to be identical. They're $50, and they sound very good and last very well…they're just not HD-25s. Every other headphone sony makes that I've heard is at best mushy, overpriced garbage.

The HD-25 and the V6 are the only headphones worth buying IMHO.

DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

My HD 25's

The same thing was done to some TMA's and they were fine. I have the 7506's and they sound great plus they're very well constructed compared to most other DJ headphones that try and do some cheesy swivel thing.
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x

Personally I don't like on ear headphones for DJing but it is just my preference and some people swear by them. I think they are quiet, awkward feeling, and the bass response is very low in the HD25s and other on ears compared to similarly priced over ear headphones with larger drivers.

You just can't beat the sound quality, bass, and punch of the 53mm drivers in the Xone: XD53s.

Go to guitar center and compare the Xone : XD53s to HD25s side by side. The xones sound like you have a personal club soundsystem on your brain while the HD25s sound more like studio headphones and are much quieter.

Some people love them though so see for yourself, they do have slightly better isolation.

Tma-1

Tech Wizard

Dude, don't go cheap on headphones. I went through like 2 pairs of sony mdr v700dj's and 1 pair of hdj-1000's. All three cracked at the swivel. I needed a pair that were tougher, lighter, and had better isolation so i tried a few out at guitar center. The hdj 2000's are great for all the above, but i found the hd-25's were pretty much equal imo but a $100 cheaper. So i ordered the hd-25's online. I love them. My neck doesn't hurt anymore after a long set, and the sound is like night and day to the sony's. They do clamp tightly which may bother some, but i have a small head so its nice not worrying about them sliding off mid mix.

I'd go either hdj 2000's, audio technica ath50m(my friend has these, great sound), hd-25's, or tma's

Don't get Sony mdr v700dj's or hdj 1000's imo, both have a nasty tendancy to crack at the swivel. Happened to me and quite a few of my friends.

Tech Wizard

Senheisser hd25 if your head isnt massive
    also maybe look at the inner ear ones if your starting out it might be better tos tart protecting your hearing early one.

but its your choice best advice is go to a dj shop and test some out

and if you try to judge which headphones are "louder" don't make the mistake the kiddy dj's in my neighborhood make and "test" this on the mixer plugging in different headphones at the same phone-volume-level (don't knowing what impedance means ;D)

look at the tech-specs and search proper decibel and hertz values to compare

and besides the naked audio output power/quality specs there are other things influencing the perceived volume like how good the acoustic shielding works or how damaged your ears are already ^^

PS: on my hd25's i love the most how lightweight they are and how good they STAY on my head when i'm bouncing around to the beat ^^

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast