Behringer DDM4000
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Behringer DDM4000

I was wondering if anyone had any experience with this mixer. I know about Behringer's reputation, but apparently this mixer if the one exception.

I'm asking because I can get one really cheap. It's an ex-demo unit, but in "as-new" condition. I've checked it out online and it seems like a good mixer, like a DB2 but with less features.
    BCF 2000
    Traktor Pro 2
    Kontrol X1

It is nothing like a DB2 at all.

But it's a damn good deal for the money; I got a used one for about $300 and for that amount of money you get a lot of mixer. Four channels, decent sound, and some effects (most you should avoid but a couple sound ok). The interface is bad -- using the effects is anything but intuitive and even when you figure out what you're doing, it's really difficult (and sometimes impossible) to do basic things you think you ought to be able to do. Also be aware there is no soundcard in the mixer so you will need to add one. But it does have MIDI control which could be useful and a MIDI-to-USB cord works without incident. You can send the MIDI clock out to another program which is pretty cool. And the faders are not bad for a behringer; if you like to scratch you can spend another $150 on an innofader or do what I did - piece of electrical tape and a piece of metal to decrease the cut-in length on the crossfader (total cost about .001% of what an innofader would cost you).

Lots of annoyances about trying to save settings and things like that and Behringer has no plans to update the firmware so while there's a lot of things they should improve, they won't. But again you just try to find a more feature-packed mixer for that price.
    "Art is what you can get away with." - Marshall McLuhan

Sweet, I mainly want it for just general mixing, I don't care much about the effects. I can probably get it for around $150 NZ, which is like $100 US, so an amazing price for a 4 channel mixer. New 2 channel mixers with basic 2 band EQ are around $250 in New Zealand, so this is a steal.
    BCF 2000
    Traktor Pro 2
    Kontrol X1

I played on one once and hated it. I mean, sure it mixes. But it doesn't feel particularly good to mix on (plus we had a weird channel bleed issue when trying to use my multicore-RCA-cable - which works like a charm with my Xone). That said for approx. USD 100 you can not really go wrong too much, so just try it and see if you like it.
    13,3" MacBookPro (Mid 2012) # 2x Technics 1210 # NI Audio 8 DJ # Ecler Nuo 2.0 # NI Traktor Kontrol X1 # Sennheiser HD-25
    http://soundcloud.com/vincent-lebaron/

Quote Originally Posted by MiL0 View Post
    where from?!
    Trade Me, it's NZ's ebay. Has no reserve, and is up to $107, closes tomorrow. Add $20 for postage and it'll turn out around $150 hopefully.
    BCF 2000
    Traktor Pro 2
    Kontrol X1

@Djproben, what do the faders feel like? I have a BCF 2000 right now, and I hate the faders on that.
    BCF 2000
    Traktor Pro 2
    Kontrol X1

trademe for the win. @ nathan just remember as soon as you bid on something you are no longer covered by the consumer guarantees act. Only if you use Buy Now or pay Now options (Thanks to the target show for that advice)
    Acer E5 i7 16GB 512SSD 2TBHD ~ WIN 10 ~ TSP 2.11 ~ AUDIO 6 ~ DUAL X1s ~ DN-X1600 ~ SPECTRA ~ TWISTER ~ ATH-PRO500 MK2 ~ ZED6FX ~ AT2020

" I’m the Dude, so that’s what you call me. That or, uh His Dudeness, or uh Duder, or El Duderino, if you’re not into the whole brevity thing. "

Yeah, I'll make sure you use Pay Now.
    BCF 2000
    Traktor Pro 2
    Kontrol X1

Quote Originally Posted by NathanWard View Post
    @Djproben, what do the faders feel like? I have a BCF 2000 right now, and I hate the faders on that.
    They feel too big and plasticky. Not stiff at all though; I didn't hate them but I didn't like them either. Coming from a Rane TTM-56 I felt like I was using a big tonka toy. But they move relatively smoothly and you can even scratch a bit on the crossfader. I don't know what the BCF faders are like but I'm guessing they're a lot stiffer than this one.
    "Art is what you can get away with." - Marshall McLuhan

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast