HELP! Xone dx
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: HELP! Xone dx

Tech Wizard

Default HELP! Xone dx

Hey guys,

Jus bought a A&H Xone DX yesterday night from guitar center for 600. gota say, i kinda jumped the gun when i bought this, but I've been keyboard DJ'in (pathetic)for 3 yrs now and I'm SICK OF IT!!! hooked it up and started to play around with it....and got sum questions...For starters, I only know Traktor 2 and haven't ever messed around with Serato Itch.

1) how in da hell do you turn off the other 2 decks? it takes up ALOT of screen space and i hate to see empty decks. also, is their any way to make the wave form bigger like in traktor so i can see my breakdowns, base lines and cue points clearly?
    2) i noticed that you cant hook up an external midi controller like a midi fighter...is their any way that i can get around this so i can use a midi fighter with this controller? do i need to buy a Traktor kontrol box or can i hook it up to my computer directly through another USB port to control samples?
    3) i eventually want to hook up turntables to the xone dx. do i need serato scratch, or can i buy traktor scratch pro and use this controller as a mixer with x2 turntables for controlling the deck? the "jog wheel" on this thing suck A$$!!
    4) and finally, :P since i love traktor so much, anyone got any good mappings that i can use to interface the xone dx with traktor smoothly? also anyone know where i can DL advanced mappings in terms of power knobs like the one shown here in YUL303's DX traktor youtube videos...this guy is fukkin amazin!

Sorry for the long read....
    Thanks for all the help guys!
    New to the forum, but been following/support for along time...you guys are EPIC and a critical part of the DJ industry!

THANK YOU!!!

Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by Gre3nergy View Post
    Hey guys,

Jus bought a A&H Xone DX yesterday night from guitar center for 600. gota say, i kinda jumped the gun when i bought this, but I've been keyboard DJ'in (pathetic)for 3 yrs now and I'm SICK OF IT!!! hooked it up and started to play around with it....and got sum questions...For starters, I only know Traktor 2 and haven't ever messed around with Serato Itch.
    Suggest you take a look. It's a bit different but not bad at all.

1) how in da hell do you turn off the other 2 decks? it takes up ALOT of screen space and i hate to see empty decks. also, is their any way to make the wave form bigger like in traktor so i can see my breakdowns, base lines and cue points clearly?
    I take it as you're talking about itch. In that case, you can't drop the extra 2 decks. The waveforms react to + and - keys.

2) i noticed that you cant hook up an external midi controller like a midi fighter...is their any way that i can get around this so i can use a midi fighter with this controller? do i need to buy a Traktor kontrol box or can i hook it up to my computer directly through another USB port to control samples?
    Itch doesn't support generic midi-controllers. Samplething has been noticed by serato and theyre working on it to support at least some existing controllers.
    3) i eventually want to hook up turntables to the xone dx. do i need serato scratch, or can i buy traktor scratch pro and use this controller as a mixer with x2 turntables for controlling the deck? the "jog wheel" on this thing suck A$$!!
    Itch doesn't support dvs and dx doesn't act as a standalone mixer.
    4) and finally, :P since i love traktor so much, anyone got any good mappings that i can use to interface the xone dx with traktor smoothly? also anyone know where i can DL advanced mappings in terms of power knobs like the one shown here in YUL303's DX traktor youtube videos...this guy is fukkin amazin!
    http://www.traktorbible.com/freaks/mappingone.aspx?id=8

Heres something.

1) Not entirely sure. Is there a few buttons along the top of the UI that changes the layout? I thought that was how Serato did it.

2) Nope, not possible. Itch does the whole 1 to 1 thing and doesn't let you customise anything. (note you don't need a "traktor box" to use traktor. Only traktor SCRATCH)

3) Buying traktor scratch pro and using this with turntables will work fine. The audio interface in the controller would go to waste though since you would have to use the traktor audio interface with traktor scratch. Honestly if you're getting tuntables it might just better to sell the DX and buying a real mixer to go with your turntables and serato/traktor. (+ hey, it's a midi controller, what do you even need jog wheels for? It's not like you're going to scratch :P I wish they made it without jog wheels.)

4) There's no reason why it won't work with traktor. You could do a forum search for mappings though honestly I just feel you're better off customising the default on to suit your needs. I don't see the point in using a midi controller if you're not going to customise it to your personal needs.
    The xwax Thread! - The minimal open source DVS for Linux!
    Reddit's /r/DJs! - Another great DJ community!

Tech Wizard

Thanks for the reply guys!
    hopefully they address the deck issue with itch 2.X!!!
    so, if i were to have bought a traktor s4 with the "free" scratch upgrade, would the audio interface in the traktor s4 still goto waste? i guess my real question is, can the s4 run as a stand alone mixer? im still unclear as to how i can integrate the midifighter with my current setup... to be a little more clear, if i were to use traktor as the dj software with xone DX as my controller, how can i use my midifighter? and on a side note, can you plug in a midifighter to the s4?

thanks again for all the help!

If you bought an S4 and used it with a DVS you would not need an additional sound card and they wouldn't give you one. You'd use the one in the S4.

You can't really use it as a stand alone mixer but you can use it to control the internal one in traktor when using vinyl/CDs (timecode or not), it just means if your laptop fails you are screwed.

As for using a midifighter with traktor and the S4, it's a midi controller so it's completely unrelated to any of your other gear. It does not actually process audio at all! So you just plug it into your laptop via USB and it sends midi data which tells your traktor software what to do. It's much like the mouse and keyboard in that respect. In short, it's perfectly compatible with the S4 and anything else you choose to use with traktor.

DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

Thanks for the reply guys!
    hopefully they address the deck issue with itch 2.X!!!
    so, if i were to have bought a traktor s4 with the "free" scratch upgrade, would the audio interface in the traktor s4 still goto waste? i guess my real question is, can the s4 run as a stand alone mixer? im still unclear as to how i can integrate the midifighter with my current setup... to be a little more clear, if i were to use traktor as the dj software with xone DX as my controller, how can i use my midifighter? and on a side note, can you plug in a midifighter to the s4?

thanks again for all the help!
    The soundcard in the S4 doesn't really go to waste since you can't use scratch without a sound card certified to work with Scratch. The Xone DX is not one of those.

The S4 does not work as a standalone mixer.

your Midifighter plugs into the computer via USB. You can use it how ever you want, your mind is really the only limit. Check the MF thread for mapping ideas.
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x

That's quite a nice idea Kevz718...

I wonder if DJTT could work that into the actual firmware and then market it as the only supplementary controller for Itch :P

Tech Wizard

Thank you for all your help!!!

in YUL303's DX traktor youtube videos...this guy is fukkin amazin!
    Thanks to you. After a 'not that good day', reading this is a pleasure.
    Latest mix

There’s also an almost hermetic community that exists in many areas of dance music, where serious hobbyists feed off each other’s expertise but barely connect to the industry – despite many of those involved actually working in it.

Tech Wizard

O.O
    didn't know that you were a tech guru on this site!!

represent the 303!!!

thanks for the vids! they are inspirational!
    hope you have a better day!
    Thank you all once again...this forum is KIK A$$!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast