Serato ? sounds nice - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Tech Guru

^ I think what he means is that your not beatmatching by ear. You are just lining up waveforms.

To be honest --- I don't find it to be 100% beatmatching, but I find it more enjoyable than hitting a sync button. Even though I am doing it purely off of visual cues and maybe some by ear (confirming they are matched) --- I enjoy it. But I really wouldn't call it the same as if I had to CD's and no laptop.
    SSL - DJM 800 - Technic 1200's - X1 - ITCH - NS6 - VCI-300

Quote Originally Posted by dope View Post
    @DigitalDevil : I think that HID is better than Timecode of a home setup. The thing is that if i have the opportunity to play at a bar/club/festival/whatever, i don't want to be screwed with mapping etc. Timecodes allows flexibilty to me.
    I use my 850s with SSL over HID, and that's a fantastic way to do it. The accuracy is amazing, and having all the CDJ's functions working automatically in the software is really useful.

However what you say about turning up to a club is right, you'd want to be able to do everything you do at home on the club's CDJs and you can't guarantee they'll have HID enabled ones. Timecode CDs are nowhere near as precise as HID. I use my X1 for looping, browsing, hot cues and FX (usually just the 1 knob filter) and that means I don't rely on having CDJ functions other than running the actual timecode.
    TSP 2 | Serato DJ | Live 8 | MBP (SSD + HDD) | AIAIA TMA-1 Fool's Gold Edition | 1200 Mk2s | MidiFighter | KRK RP5
    Xone: DB4 | Pioneer CDJ-2000 Nexus
    DJTT FAQ | Read my guide to AUDIO CABLES

Tech Guru

^ what he said.
    SSL - DJM 800 - Technic 1200's - X1 - ITCH - NS6 - VCI-300

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12