I need help with vci 100 please...
    Tech Wizard

Default I need help with vci 100 please...

I purchased a used vci 100 last week. I couldn't get everything to work and I was getting major lag when I scratch. Sometimes it would work but only for a few seconds then the choppy sound starts(scratching). I thought it was my pc not able to handle traktor. I use TCV torq on the same computer and I don't get this problem.

So today I tried to set the sensor level but as soon as I turn the rotary screw, it broke. I opened the vci and see if I could put the resistor back. When I finished reassembling the vci, I discovered another problem which turned out to be a solution lol. My stupid crossfader curve control became a switch of some sort. When I have it set to sharp cutting, my jogwheel turns RED but when I turn it to a smoother cf curve, the platters now work perfectly. I can finally scratch without that choppy laggy sound. My only problem now is that my sensor was turned to minimum before it broke so I really have to dig my fingers onto the platter so that the vci jogwheel sensor light turns on.

My cf curve control is now being used by CF control and the sensor level adjuster.

WEIRD SHIT...

are you using traktor pro? if you are getting too much lag or it starts getting choppy chances are it has to do with you latency settings
    Controllerist: Think different | SoundCloud | MixCloud | Twitter |

Tech Wizard

It wasnt a latency issue. I have my connectiv set to 2ms ... It turned out to be a hardware problem. My sensor level broke but all of a sudden I can use the Curve control to set my jogwheel sensor level but the trade off is not having Sharp curve control. Is this fixable by replacing the varible resistors?\\

Yeah its replacable, you will have to use a multimeter to find out the resistance and replace it with one of the same resistance.