Everybody please give me a virtual pat on the back - Page 3
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    DJTT Administrator del Ritmo padi_04's Avatar

I'd assume that note is in a frame on your room by now.

Great work FEP!

Something similar happened at my last gig where I ended up playing 2,5h when my timeslot was 1,5h (no note involved tho)

Here's your pat -

Well done FEP - great story - and good for sticking to your guns.
    356 reasons why

Quote Originally Posted by JonathanBlake View Post
    Here's your pat -

Well done FEP - great story - and good for sticking to your guns.
    Haha LOL...

Great Job, keep it up...
    "Dream if you live forever, live if you will die today"

Jack Bastard

Hey mate, if you're in Exeter and at a loose end on any first Friday of the month you ought to pop down to Magic Hatstand at The Cavern. I'll be the hairy dj with the baseball cap on.

www.soundcloud.com/magichatstand

Congrats by the way, I've found Exeter to be one of the best places to play, the crowd are always up for it and will go pretty much anywhere with you. It's the only place I've played that you can get a full dancefloor by 10:30.
    Last edited by Jack Bastard; 10-19-2011 at 04:52 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Bastard View Post
    Hey mate, if you're in Exeter and at a loose end on any first Friday of the month you ought to pop down to Magic Hatstand at The Cavern. I'll be the hairy dj with the baseball cap on.
    Ah that's a shame, I'm not going to be here on the 4th of november. I'll try to make it down in december though, and I'll wear my DJTT t shirt so you can recognise me. I love meeting up with other techtoolers!

Edit: also, the uni Beats and Bass society has a night at cavern every second wednesday, the next one is tonight. I've been speaking to them and I should be able to get a set there soon, it's normally a pretty good night so come down if you can.
    Last edited by fullenglishpint; 10-19-2011 at 05:47 AM.
    TSP 2 | Serato DJ | Live 8 | MBP (SSD + HDD) | AIAIA TMA-1 Fool's Gold Edition | 1200 Mk2s | MidiFighter | KRK RP5
    Xone: DB4 | Pioneer CDJ-2000 Nexus
    DJTT FAQ | Read my guide to AUDIO CABLES

Jack Bastard

I'm Brizzle based unfortunately so I'm not about in the week

December is our 5th birthday celebrating a crazily successful year for us, so it should be another stormer. Just to warn you if you fancy a stomp and don't like queuing you'll need to get down there by about 9:30. I'll be keeping an eye out for DJTT tshirts

(My name's Ross IRL btw)

Quote Originally Posted by fullenglishpint View Post
    Some of you might have seen my thread a couple of weeks ago asking why timecode CDs suck so much. That was while I was preparing for a daytime tryout at a club in Exeter for a job as resident student DJ on mondays.

To cut a long story short, I had the initial tryout and it went well, so they offered me 30 mins last night to see what I could do with a crowd in front of me.

Turned up and plugged in, the full time resident there gave me a hand setting up their dual SL box system, then went on just before midnight. There was an initial hiccup since my mixer channel's gain was far too low, and I hadn't realised that with an SL-1 the line/phono switch is in the software, but I soon got into my groove and people seemed to be loving it.

I was a bit wary of my audience, since it's 99% students who aren't famed for their appreciation of my style of music (mainly electro, electro house and the like) and tend to love commercial radio cheese, but the manager had told me to play whatever I liked so I went for it. 10 minutes in he turned up in the booth to crank the volume, then after what I guess must have been 30 mins ( I lost track of time), the resident DJ handed me this note:

which sent my confidence through the ceiling! This was definitely the biggest gig I've ever done and it went fantastically, the other guy came and took over after about 45 mins (to play the necessary commercial stuff that I don't have) and asked me to come back in an hour and do another 45 mins which I did.

Had a great time, the other DJ and light jock loved my tunes and so did the crowd. I've been asked back to play again.

I know it's not quite Karlos' warming up for Mr Scruff, but it's a big deal for me
    Well done mate!

Reminds me of my first big Outdoor gig. Got a mail the next morning asking if I would be their resident.

Can't get better!

Now we just need a video of it!

APC80:STR8-100's+Ortofon Concorde Scratch\Electro:ButterRugz:TSP2-NI Audio4DJ:Xone22+Innofader:MacBook Pro 15"
    www.soundcloud.com/djsarasin
    www.youtube.com/adriansarasin

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Bastard View Post
    I'm Brizzle based unfortunately so I'm not about in the week

December is our 5th birthday celebrating a crazily successful year for us, so it should be another stormer. Just to warn you if you fancy a stomp and don't like queuing you'll need to get down there by about 9:30. I'll be keeping an eye out for DJTT tshirts

(My name's Ross IRL btw)
    It's in my calendar!
    TSP 2 | Serato DJ | Live 8 | MBP (SSD + HDD) | AIAIA TMA-1 Fool's Gold Edition | 1200 Mk2s | MidiFighter | KRK RP5
    Xone: DB4 | Pioneer CDJ-2000 Nexus
    DJTT FAQ | Read my guide to AUDIO CABLES

Quote Originally Posted by fullenglishpint View Post
    A place called Arena in Exeter
    Well then sir, you have my deepest sympathies!

Only kidding, had some drunken old nights there in the past!
    DJTT Nu Disco Mix Train Vol 1
    beats and balearic bobs in north-west london
    iTunes podcast
    soundcloud

congrats mate! always nice to be appreciated, but even better when you smash it with something unexpected!!.well done!
    MBP / 8gb Ram / 1TB / SSL / Rane SL2 / HD25's / Dicers / Empty Bank Account

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast