Thinking of changing over to having an external mixer what audio interface etc - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Mylestec View Post
    Good point... but go with an Audio 8 and a plain Jane 4 channel mixer with good sound quality... you can get it used too. This way, when you go to play at a friends house or even travel to play in a club you don't need to lug a mixer around with you!

I use the Audio 8... I love it. Great sound quality, small package, fits easily in my DJ bag as a carry-on for air-travel... could you imagine having to check your $2000 mixer?... nah, I think not!

Also, someone mentioned getting into the DVS swing of things... that's a personal choice, (how I roll) but I think you might have to give up the sync button??? (pls correct me if I'm wrong)
    nope. Traktor can soft-sync tempo when you use DVS.

I dont want to go down the DVS route. I can mix vinyl and cds no problem and dont really think its a huge skill (I dont want to start that debate, but I've been djing about 16 years now so "proper" mixing is easy peasy!).

I think the audio 8 might be the way to go, then look at picking up an old pioneer mixer, I used to love the DJM600, or are they all a bit old fashioned now?

should have said big thanks for everyones input as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Xonetacular View Post
    you can get a used audio 8 for like $150 which is what I would do without a doubt. Check ebay.
    I'm based in the UK and seems the audio 8 are like hens teeth over here! only found 2 on ebay!

Quote Originally Posted by ohmydaze View Post
    I used to love the DJM600
    Srsly?
    13,3" MacBookPro (Mid 2012) # 2x Technics 1210 # NI Audio 8 DJ # Ecler Nuo 2.0 # NI Traktor Kontrol X1 # Sennheiser HD-25
    http://soundcloud.com/vincent-lebaron/

Quote Originally Posted by 3heads View Post
    Srsly?
    to be fair when the 600 came out I was playing out almost weekly and thought it was an awesome mixer. So think its got alot of happy memories!

I've been checking and the DJM400 looks quite nice now a days.

hactually I have the fast track pro audio interface already. I could use that innit. although I dont think I'd be able to record with this would I?

Have you checked out the Xone42's? they are a good budget mixer imo.

If you had the coin to, id say go get a DJM900. Built in sound card, and it is a fantastic mixer.

End of the day though, if you want to be portable (for gigs and what not), getting an Audio 6/8/10 would be the go, and then get any 4 channel mixer to get comfortable plugging everything in and out live.
    DJ'n since 02', Performing since 06', CD's - Timecode - Full Digital - Digital and External Hardware Experience

I've just gone back to the external mixer route myself.

I picked up a 2nd hand DJM800 (mint for £800), TSP2 (£499) and an X1 (£150),

Have a look at my set up here http://www.djtechtools.com/forum/sho...558#post353558

I love my set up and enjoy spinning on vinyl/dvs and enjoy using an external mixer... but it hasn't made my mixes any better.

Truthfully, my VCI100SE is still a more useful unit than all the rest of my gear put together. The fader fx and echo/slice mapping is off the hook and the arcade buttons are just so nice for cuing.
    CLUB OF JACKS - RELEASES >>TRAXSOURCE
    Club of Jacks are a London based House & Garage production / DJ duo with releases on a number of underground labels including Plastik People Recordings, Blockhead Recordings, Hi Energy!, Pocket Jacks Trax, Soul Revolution Records and their own Club of Jacks imprint.

Quote Originally Posted by JazZmutant View Post
    Have you checked out the Xone42's? they are a good budget mixer imo.

If you had the coin to, id say go get a DJM900. Built in sound card, and it is a fantastic mixer.

End of the day though, if you want to be portable (for gigs and what not), getting an Audio 6/8/10 would be the go, and then get any 4 channel mixer to get comfortable plugging everything in and out live.
    problem wit hthe 900 is not a portable solution.

I'm pretty confident with plugging and unplugging the line ins and out at a gig, done stuff like that loads. So think maybe the audio 6 might be worth while.

I just need a set up at home I can use so I can record mixes.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast